I Dont Know If Anyone Can Help Me

Sugar Work By TheCakerator Updated 25 Jan 2007 , 10:29am by kaychristensen

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 7

My husband works with someone who is interested in me making a candy bouquet for her husband for valentines day. I am thinking I could assemble it somewhat like a cookie bouquet, I was just wondering if anyone had ever done one of these before, and if so, what kind of sticks would you use to hold up the candy? I just dont think the lollipop sticks would be strong enough .. can anyone help me?

6 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 7

Lollypop sticks are fine, I often do a mix of candy and cookies for my bouquets. You might want to find something a little longer for some of them though so they can be higher in the back.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 7

Wilton also makes a 'treat stick' that is a bit heavier and longer. You could also use very thin dowels, or even heavy floral wire. You will need a bit of florists tape to secure the items to the wire.

missy77510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy77510 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 7

This is just an idea, I have never made them before but what about the shish-ka-bob sticks, you know the ones you put veggies on to grill.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 7

well thanks you guys! I will look into those ideas! icon_biggrin.gif

boring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boring Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 9:56am
post #6 of 7

Shish-ka-bob sticks, sarty sticks are very similar and it you don't want to put the wood part directly into the candy you could push the wood into a lollipop stick and tape them together. I have also made baskets of candy for people.

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:29am
post #7 of 7

I had a friend that did these and I never asked her how she did them icon_cry.gif I wish I knew. Maybe I will have to do a search. I think I could do them with the cookies for teachers thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%