First Post, Second Fondant Cake, So Happy To Have Found This Forum!

Decorating By Trinket90 Updated 7 Oct 2013 , 11:17am by vijaychouahan

Trinket90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trinket90 Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 12:02am
post #1 of 5

I made this cake for my church's anniversary picnic this afternoon. So many techniques went into it that I had never done before. I'd never painted with food color before, never stacked half sheet cakes (THAT one had an unfortunately sharp learning curve), never made/used modeling chocolate or ganache. I spent hours in the last several days studying this forum, gleaning recipes and techniques and looking up questions. I had so much fun with it.

It's 2 and a half 12x18's (started as 3 but I lost a half when I tried to torte it and lift the whole layer), torted and filled with ganache, carved into a book shape. MMF covered, modeling chocolate "cover", modeling chocolate/fondant blend ribbon, food coloring paint. modeling chocolate roses. It was a huge hit and it's gone!! I see flaws when I look at it but nothing that really makes me disappointed with it.

I just wanted to thank you all for your help and for making all this information available!

4 replies
cakeballer85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeballer85 Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 2:40am
post #2 of 5

AYou did a fantastic job!!!!

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 3:09am
post #3 of 5

AExcellent!

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 7:09am
post #4 of 5

AIt's fab we'll done.

vijaychouahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vijaychouahan Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 11:17am
post #5 of 5

Excellent. It is fantastics and the desing of this cake is awesome. and this cake is looking  very different  as compare to the normal cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%