Recipe Like Target's Whipped Frosting?

Baking By Hawkette Updated 12 Sep 2013 , 3:53pm by ddaigle

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 4:04am
post #1 of 4

My son doesn't like frosting. I've tried ganache, American buttercream, and IMBC. He just doesn't like any of them. He does, however, like the cookies and cream cake from Target. (Honestly when he said that, I thought ICK! A store bought cake? I hate that nasty buttercream that places like Walmart use. I tried the Target one, though, and it was actually really good.)

I asked what kind of frosting it was, and they said it was a "whipped" frosting. It's light but not just whipped cream -- it has more body than that. It doesn't taste greasy, so I'm not sure what the base of it is. Does anyone know what type of frosting that is?

I found a thread where trishvanhoozer posted a recipe that sounded interesting. I've never made a frosting with flour in it before.

http://cakecentral.com/t/746656/whipped-frosting-recipe

I plan to try it soon to see if that's anything like Target's frosting, but I just thought I would ask and see if any of you knew what I was talking about.

Thanks!

3 replies
RuthiePearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RuthiePearl Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 10:29am
post #2 of 4

AThat is the frosting I grew up with (we called it poor man's whipped cream). I love it! In fact, I'm about to make a batch now for my son's birthday cake :)

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 4

I'm sure whatever Target is using is commercially made - either in a tub or carton.  You could ask them if you could buy some and see which brand it is.

Liz

P.S. I'm 100% certain they aren't making it from scratch. :)

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 4

It's probably Bettercream...like Sam's uses.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%