What Do You Do...?

Decorating By Cakespirations Updated 14 Sep 2013 , 11:43pm by ltkittykat

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 1:36pm
post #31 of 45

ASomeone with some computer skills need to edit that Miley performance to replace Robin Thicke with a cakesafe.

chocaholikk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocaholikk Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 1:36pm
post #32 of 45

AI have disney channel on to stop the kiddies from distracting me! Lol

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 1:38pm
post #33 of 45

ALooool!!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 2:48pm
post #34 of 45

If I'm decorating in the early morning I listen to the sports breakfast show (TalkSport), late morning Judge Judy, afternoon old re-runs and evening if there's a football (soccer) match on I'll watch that and if not some more re-runs. I listen more than I watch though - it's back round noise unless it's a really good match and then I somehow forget what I'm supposed to be doing as I am drawn to the screen (laptop perched precariously onto stuff).

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 6:08pm
post #35 of 45

Rush 24/7. I just pick an old one, and let them play one after another. Every now and then I will look at the screen.

SweetCarolines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCarolines Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:09pm
post #36 of 45

AI like to work in silence. Noise distracts me, even just a little. I find it especially irritating when people walk in and start asking me questions. Just the other day I was decorating some cookies when family came to visit. Of course, my cousin and her kids all gathered around me asking questions and asking me to decorate cookies for them. One of her sons even ruined one of the cookies. I calmly gathered my equipment and went to work in a diferent room. I was called rude and anti-social.

Im sorry, would you like it if I went into your office and stared at you all day as you did paperwork?

Lol, sorry for the vent, but I've been quietly raging about that ever since it happened. So I guess, silence.

SweetCarolines Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:12pm
post #37 of 45

A

Original message sent by cazza1

Mind you the surroundings might be silent but my brain does not like to stay silent for more than a milisecond.

Haha, ditto this. I usually have one song on loop in my head while I'm decorating.

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:53pm
post #38 of 45

A

Original message sent by SweetCarolines

I like to work in silence. Noise distracts me, even just a little. I find it especially irritating when people walk in and start asking me questions. Just the other day I was decorating some cookies when family came to visit. Of course, my cousin and her kids all gathered around me asking questions and asking me to decorate cookies for them. One of her sons even ruined one of the cookies. I calmly gathered my equipment and went to work in a diferent room. I was called rude and anti-social.

Im sorry, would you like it if I went into your office and stared at you all day as you did paperwork?

Lol, sorry for the vent, but I've been quietly raging about that ever since it happened. So I guess, silence.

Oooooh that is annoying!! Especially when they dont tell the kids to behave!

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:57pm
post #39 of 45

I put a dvd in my mac and have it playing...something usually that I've seen, something that I don't really have to pay attention to.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:58pm
post #40 of 45

grind my teeth and cry..lol

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:59pm
post #41 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetCarolines 

I like to work in silence. Noise distracts me, even just a little. I find it especially irritating when people walk in and start asking me questions. Just the other day I was decorating some cookies when family came to visit. Of course, my cousin and her kids all gathered around me asking questions and asking me to decorate cookies for them. One of her sons even ruined one of the cookies. I calmly gathered my equipment and went to work in a diferent room. I was called rude and anti-social.

Yes... but "it's just cookies" or "it's just cake" ... "you don't mind, right"... "I mean its not like what your doing takes concentration"...  <<< all of those.... makes my blood boil.

SweetCarolines Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 9:45pm
post #42 of 45

A

Original message sent by Cakespirations

Yes... but "it's just cookies" or "it's just cake" ... "you don't mind, right"... "I mean its not like what your doing takes concentration"...  <<< all of those.... makes my blood boil.

The worst part is: it was THE plaque cookie with several handmade decorations on it that said: "Happy Birthday, ___!"

Her reaction to it, I swear, was: "oh, look, Caro. He ruined your cookie after you worked so hard on it."

Then she demanded I decorate a cookie for him so he would behave. Needless to say, after I finished I locked the cookies up and went to bed without saying goodbye lol.

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

grind my teeth and cry..lol

Quoted for truth!! My dentist noticed in my last appointment.

manicgeisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manicgeisha Posted 13 Sep 2013 , 1:41am
post #43 of 45

I work mostly in silence.   But silence for me is a whole lot of other noise from the rest of the place.   I don't think I would hear anything over the running dialogue in my head.

Sometimes I get really bored when I'm assembling toppers, and listen to rile me up music.   Misfits, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly.   But when I'm all cerebral (and truly alone), I listen to Japanese koto music, or even chamber music.   I'm a bit all over the place.  :)

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 14 Sep 2013 , 9:14pm
post #44 of 45

Sometimes when I'm working in the kitchen I'll put on a DVD of Little House on the Prairie, or watch old time TV show on Hulu like Dick Van Dyke, Green  Acres, etc. Other times, I need to access the recipes on my laptop, so that doesn't work, so I play Pandora set to Celtic/folk/classical type stuff or a book on tape.

ltkittykat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ltkittykat Posted 14 Sep 2013 , 11:43pm
post #45 of 45

AI like seeing I'm not the only one up late baking at night!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%