Make A Top Layer Hello Kitty

Decorating By koneal84 Updated 2 Sep 2013 , 4:19pm by BrandisBaked

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 9

AI have to make a cake for someone and they want it to have a hello kitty standing up. I'm not sure how to do it other than get the pan and make rife crispy treats. When I get it to form pour white chocolate ganache. And the back of the head free hand it. U need any ideas on this please. I have never worked with rice crispier.

8 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 9

AMy advice is that you just say "figure" and not use the name of the copyrighted character because now you will get all kinds of "advice" about copyright and very little about your actual question.

I would mix rice krispies with modeling chocolate, it holds up much better than marshmallows. Then I would coat with melted chocolate (or candy melts) and finish with modeLing chocolate.

koneal84 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 9

AThank you. Can you send me a recipe for the rice crispies using the molding chocolate please. I've never made rice crispies.

BrandisBaked Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 9

AI don't have a recipe handy (You can search Google, it's easy to find), but modeling chocolate is just candy melts and corn syrup. As soon as i make it and it's still soft, I just put in cereal until I get the desired consistency.

koneal84 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 9

AThank you. I will google it

Griffville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Griffville Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 9

A[quote name="BrandisBaked" url="/t/763112/make-a-top-layer-hello-kitty#post_7438346"]My advice is that you just say "figure" and not use the name of the copyrighted character because now you will get all kinds of "advice" about copyright and very little about your actual question.

I would mix rice krispies with modeling chocolate, it holds up much better than marshmallows. Then I would coat with melted chocolate (or candy melts) and finish with modeLing chocolate.

Griffville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Griffville Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 3:27pm
post #7 of 9

AI love this idea! Never thought of using chocolate instead of marshmallows!

koneal84 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 3:35pm
post #8 of 9

AI have looked on google and you tube for the recipe. I guess I'm not searching the correct thing lol. Will keep trying then I will put what I find up and see what you think

BrandisBaked Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:19pm
post #9 of 9

AI use The same recipe Lauren Kitchens does.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%