Decorating By mowrys Updated 18 Nov 2013 , 11:27am by Adem000

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 2:23am
post #31 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by howsweet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62 

BatterUpCake, Thank you. I just printed it from the internet onto a sheet of edible paper and cut it out with an exacto knife.

Now there's  technique I won't soon forget! Great tip! I've done that shoe, btw - didn't turn out nearly as nice as Elite Cake Designs, but if I did it second time, I think I'd do better.

Another tip in addition to the ones in my earlier post is to do something to keep the dowel from sinking in too far. I had to put that fat strip around the base of the heel because the heel kept trying to sink into the cake from the weight of the rose and the rest of it.

When constructing these style of shoes, with the thin heel formed on a dowel - you have to make your dowel long enough to rest on the cake board base, ie it goes through the entire thickness of the cake.  To do this the shoe is often constructed on a piece of styrofoam the same height as the cake will be - this way the heel will not sink into the cake at all and makes it very stable

Tip from another Aussie

andelcatherine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andelcatherine Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 1:18pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickBaker 

i do all my cakes with 100% edible material! 

what i did for my shoe cake was attach the strap with edible glue (tylose and water)

and filled it with cling wrap!

Yummm,, looks really beautiful plus the your idea is really helpful !!

I'm sure it would definitely help me to make my own sandals!!

Please keep updating such post.

mowrys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mowrys Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 6:03am
post #33 of 36

AApple gum,

I put a wooden dowel underneath the heel so the heel is resting on the dowel and not on the cake and it won't sink that way.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 3:02pm
post #34 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApplegumPam 

When constructing these style of shoes, with the thin heel formed on a dowel - you have to make your dowel long enough to rest on the cake board base, ie it goes through the entire thickness of the cake.  To do this the shoe is often constructed on a piece of styrofoam the same height as the cake will be - this way the heel will not sink into the cake at all and makes it very stable

Tip from another Aussie

Thanks! I had another skinny spike heel like the one in the pic on Friday and I just had the dowel go all the way down. Work perfectly! And I was too lazy to worry about the height of the cake, so I just made the heel dowel extra long and clipped off the extra it when inserting into the cake like support dowels. It looked so much better without that strip of fondant wrapped around the heel.

Adem000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adem000 Posted 16 Nov 2013 , 10:59am
post #35 of 36

ApplegumPam

Its too high heels shoes its look beautiful but I can't wear it.............

Adem000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adem000 Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 11:26am
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem000 

ApplegumPam

Its too high heels shoes its look beautiful but I can't wear it.............

Women's Fashion Boots

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%