Sharp Fondant Corners!

Decorating By Cakes by Bri Updated 25 Aug 2013 , 1:24pm by Cakes by Bri

Cakes by Bri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes by Bri Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 5:38am
post #1 of 4

AHey all, So I'm improving my fondant covering , but I can never get the crisp sharp edges with a fondant finish! Any advice or techniques or tricks anyone has to share greatly appreciated! Just striving for that sharp finish! :-/

3 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 6:31am
post #2 of 4

There's an excellent FREE class taught by Linda Harden at CakeMasters...she teaches exactly what you want to know and more...

The cake she decorates is a very basic design, and you may not learn anything new, but everything she does before that is a must-see...

Truly.

Register (it's free!) to gain access: http://tv.cakemasters.com/pages/course/portal.aspx?courseid=12

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 4

ADepends which fondant you use. I know that sounds silly but it's true.

I always start on the corners. I smooth and pinch just a bit. Then I use the stretching & pulling and smoothing in the center of the side. I use fondarific.

Another method is smooth & cover as usual then use the exacto to trim the corner. The fondant has to be a bit thicker for that to work.

Cakes by Bri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes by Bri Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 4

AThanks all! I use fondarific also. Going to try some pinching when I smooth and stretch.

I attempted two fondant smoothers for creating an edge but it didn't turn out as sharp as I'd wanted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%