Smbc

Decorating By Moosetracks48 Updated 25 Aug 2013 , 1:02am by Moosetracks48

Moosetracks48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moosetracks48 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 1:46am
post #1 of 7

AHow do you decorate with SMBC? I love it, it's beautiful and spreads beautifully, but definitely not stiff enough to decorate with!

6 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:05am
post #2 of 7

ALike what exactly? Be specific if you don't mind. :-)

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:09am
post #3 of 7

ASwiss meringue buttercream should pipe beautifully, if you made it correctly. It holds its shape perfectly, even though it's soft and light. Did you have a nice, stiff peaked, shiny meringue before you added the butter?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:11am
post #4 of 7

I love smbc. If you know how to use amb, then you can make anything with smbc. I make flowers like you can with amb. I sat in a demo at ices convention. The chef  made all kinds of flowers right on the cake with smbc or imbc. Make same borders as if you were using amb. At least that is what i can do with it. I can make the regular rose, not the ribbon, but making it with rows of petals. You just need to know how to make it at all, and the make it using your smbc. . i hope i have helped you.

Moosetracks48 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 7

ABorders, roses/flowers, ruffles would be the main decorating I have done with AMB.

Moosetracks48 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 7

ABorders, roses/flowers, ruffles

Moosetracks48 Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 1:02am
post #7 of 7

AWell I finally got enough courage to do a simple border with my SMBC -- I have to admit that I am now officially spoiled!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%