Cookie Matrix

Baking By colmcb Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 7:40pm by colmcb

colmcb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colmcb Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 10:53am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone:

I usually linger here in the background but I need help. A long time ago I found a cookie matrix on here and it was so good. Now I am looking for it and of course I can't find it anywhere. 

I do see a thread for a cookie matrix but not the matrix itself. Someone has asked me to sell them cookies and I don't even know where to start with pricing. 

Can anyone help? I'm so new to all of this. I've only been decorating cookies for a few months so the thought of someone even wanting to buy my creations still boggles my mind! :-)

5 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 11:00am
post #2 of 6

Use the search button to find the many threads that explain pricing.

colmcb Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I've been trying to do that. I'm just really confused. I know the cost of my ingredients and the approximate price I should probably charge but then when I figure in how long it takes to decorate I feel like I would lose money. Does that even make sense?

I'm not quick at decorating at all yet and I think that may be one of my biggest problems. 

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 6

It's important to practice and become proficient. Also, look at design elements. If you're doing a custom order it might be hard to cut back on details; but if you are creating the design, then weigh the necessity for each line.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 5:03am
post #5 of 6

'The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle' has a pricing by size explanation on her blog that might be useful.

colmcb Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for the advice. Yes, I agree, proficiency is key (and I'm not in any way proficient yet) or I will go broke if I start selling cookies - they take me forever at this point!! :-)

Also, I just found that chart on Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle and cannot thank you enough for letting me know. I follow her site as she is so incredibly talented and such an inspiration, but I had never seen the chart. That gives me a great base to start from so thank you, thank you, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%