Cake Hate

Lounge By Janine D Updated 3 Aug 2013 , 5:57pm by Janine D

Janine D Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janine D Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 13

AHave you ever had someone absolutely hating a cake you made?

12 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 13

Not that I know of....what happened?

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 13

Oh geez, I'm a liar, yes, I did. She didn't hate it, but she apparently had something else in mind, even though I described it to her quite well during our communications and in the paperwork. But come to find out when I called her immediately after receiving her email expressing her disappointment, she had way bigger things going on and everything in life at that moment was disappointing her. So I think she just wanted to vent about her crappy situations in general, and I let her talk her little heart out without interrupting one time. It was very awkward, but I sympathized and apologized, and that was it. She didn't want a refund, didn't want to bash me, she just didn't think it was blingy enough. It was though, there was nothing wrong with it at all.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 13

Ungrateful cow.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Oh geez, I'm a liar, yes, I did. She didn't hate it, but she apparently had something else in mind, even though I described it to her quite well during our communications and in the paperwork. But come to find out when I called her immediately after receiving her email expressing her disappointment, she had way bigger things going on and everything in life at that moment was disappointing her. So I think she just wanted to vent about her crappy situations in general, and I let her talk her little heart out without interrupting one time. It was very awkward, but I sympathized and apologized, and that was it. She didn't want a refund, didn't want to bash me, she just didn't think it was blingy enough. It was though, there was nothing wrong with it at all.

we need a photo to judge the blingy-ness

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 13

AI made a cake today for a gender reveal party. The top tier was striped with a collar and tie, the bottom tier was ruffled to resemble a tutu and it said "Tie or Tutu?" on it. My husband, who usually raves and gushes over every cake I make whether I think it is good or not, looked at it and said, "Well, it isn't what I would choose." Coming from him it was the equivalent of someone hating it. :( The person I delivered it to thought it was great, though.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 13

..........Ungrateful cow.......

This is uncalled for - y ou don't know the circumstances and exactly what was said and how :(

As for OP's hubby........what does he know? LOL\

It sounds like a cute idea and I'd love to see it.  I don't know you skill level but I bet it's no where's near as bad as he made it sound.

BatterUpCake Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi 

..........Ungrateful cow.......

This is uncalled for - y ou don't know the circumstances and exactly what was said and how :(

As for OP's hubby........what does he know? LOL\

It sounds like a cute idea and I'd love to see it.  I don't know you skill level but I bet it's no where's near as bad as he made it sound.

She was joking around with AZ...There was no harm meant I'm sure.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 13

A

Original message sent by kakeladi

..........Ungrateful cow....... This is uncalled for - y ou don't know the circumstances and exactly what was said and how :(

As for OP's hubby........what does he know? LOL\ It sounds like a cute idea and I'd love to see it.  I don't know you skill level but I bet it's no where's near as bad as he made it sound.

LOL Thanks. :) I'm not the OP though, just sharing a story. :)

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 6:16am
post #10 of 13

AOh good grief y'all - don't get your panties all up in a twist with all your deliberate misinterpretations now.

The words 'ungrateful cow' were written to describe AZ's customer.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 6:42am
post #11 of 13

icon_sad.gif  Oh yes, "Hated it" were just the words used.  I kept the e-mail to remind me of the story.  It was from my Mother. Top that.

I made a yellow cake with Swiss Meringue Butter Cream icing, for a family birthday.  My mom said that the family hated it and that it was the worst icing ever.  I was very disheartened, I almost threw the recipe  away.  Then I found out the next day that the 'birthday girl' was positively thrilled and the whole cake was eaten in a day.

She had tasted SMBC from a professional bakery years ago and had never found it since, and simply loved it.  It turns out that my mom was the only person that did not like it, because it tasted too much like butter.  Like the 'honey butter' that we used to make and put on cornbread.  Well, as baking disasters go, lots of patience and experimentation along the way: I modified the recipe that everyone has on their website and in their cookbooks.  I Cut out some of the butter, added some powdered sugar, a little extra vanilla extract to sweeten it up more to our families  American Buttercream taste preference.

A little family drama, luckily it was not for an big public event, which is why I practice and experiment, and do lots of tests with family and friends before I add a recipe to my notebooks.

BatterUpCake Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 10:51am
post #12 of 13

I always flavor my buttercreams with Loranns. You can'ttaste the butter then. Just the light fluffy texture and just a hint of whatever flavor I use. Usually Princess

Janine D Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janine D Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 5:57pm
post #13 of 13

Hello

No no nothing happened is just a hypothetical question that I thought might lead to some interesting replies :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%