How Can I Start In A New Country

Business By ciarasbakery Updated 31 Jul 2013 , 5:07pm by ciarasbakery

ciarasbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ciarasbakery Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I Dont know how or where I can star...I owned a small cake shop in Ecuador a couple months ago.

But my housband decided to came in here CA. Becacuse is safety.

I need to find a job decorating cakes!...I loved! and I cannot image to myself do something different. I know I can not to start a business in here, so I plannig to send resumes to the local bakeries.

Always I worked with local products...I have skills decorating..but never I try to bake with the ingredients from here...so I fell really insecure.

So I Dont now how can to explain that in my future interview...I think can be sound unprofessional : /

My question is...Do you thinks in some cake shop hired people with skills in decoration and modeling sugar paste even if they don't know bake will the products from here?

Thanks yoy for you future advise...

Hope u can understand my english ; )

6 replies
maymay0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maymay0829 Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 1:59am
post #2 of 7

AIt will help if you have pictures of cakes you've done to show in the interview. All the best.

Pyro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pyro Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 5:54am
post #3 of 7

Try to find the bigger bakeries in your area. The bigger ones usually have dedicated decorators and someone else does the baking.

ciarasbakery Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you I will do it that!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 7

AHave you tried looking for bakeries that specialize in the kind of cake you are used to making? There are so many people from all over the world in this country, and we all want a taste of home now and again. You might also try your local ethnic grocery stores, they often have a lot of customers that want cakes decorated like they are at home.

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 7

hi!! 

I truly understand you because I just moved to USA from Italy, 3 months ago!

I had my little business from home and when i moved I was so worried..

but, FIRST OF ALL be confident!

u need a portfolio with the pics of all your cakes and desserts so you can show what you can do.

Second, start baking at home! 

I am sure you will find a job soon!

I didnt attend any professional pastry school in Italy, but I found a job after 1month I was here.. and now I am the pastry chef of a nice restaurant downtown my city.

Don't give up!

ciarasbakery Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks...to everybody for your responses!..and avidses!

I so glad to heard each one!

The italianBaker..Thanks to you!...I need to be more confident!..i love u history..thats my goal!icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%