Minions Cupcake & Cake

Baking By Misstang Updated 24 Jul 2013 , 11:01pm by morganchampagne

Misstang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misstang Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 12:49am
post #1 of 6

ASo I've been baking & making cupcakes& cakes for 4yrs but never thought of selling or baking for other ppl just my family & friends but as years went i saw how i have a juge passion to make & decorate the cakes..so i made this cupcakes & cakes for my little brother birthday ive been doing it for the past 4 yrs all kinds of decorations but now ppl are asking me to make them cakes any kind or cartoon character but whats the prices on them like right now i need to do a Jocker & Harley Cake i dont even know how to start from i need help alot...im new at this im taking courses for decorating cupcakes & cakes...[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3062311/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 2:47am
post #2 of 6

AIf you want to sell cakes from your home then you need some sort of food certification course, contact your local health department/cottage food and see if you can do it legally from home and much more. You have to pay taxes, get insurance, I could go on and on.

Something that took me a while to even realize: Disney, Pixar, etc. you need permission to recreate other people's characters for profit.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple to just decide to start selling cakes from home. There are LOTS of forums on here about getting started but you should make sure it's legal first.

Misstang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misstang Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 6

Awhat your serious iv never heard about that here i know alot of ppl that sell their cakes from home...this is the 1st time i hear about this

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstang 

what your serious iv never heard about that here i know alot of ppl that sell their cakes from home...this is the 1st time i hear about this

Yep, in my state it is illegal unless you have a separate kitchen from your home kitchen. I do! 

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

AOP, I see that you're from Texas. You do have Cottage Food Law. Research on that, contact your Dept. of Health. And while you're at it, research pricing and copyright laws too.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 6

AI'm in Houston and operate under the cottage food law. If you google "Texas cottage food law" there's a LOVELY website what details all that's involved. I would encourage you to establish a business plan and treat this like a business. It's not just bake a cake and sell.(not that you thought that)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%