Interesting Article About Cakes!

Decorating By Rosie93095 Updated 23 Jul 2013 , 10:04pm by as you wish

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 3

Research Suggests Cake Tastes Better After Singing "Happy Birthday"

Birthday CakeDoes singing "Happy Birthday" make the cake that follows taste better? Scientists seem to think so. According to a new study, singing, making a birthday wish, and blowing out the candles can improve one's perception of a cake's flavor.

In a study published in Psychological Sciences, researchers report that the rituals performed before eating — even silly ones like the way you eat an Oreo cookie — can affect the way one perceives food.

Researchers at the University of Minnesota conducted four experiments to see how quirky habits and customs affect the consumption of foods. It's not just long-held traditions, like those associated with birthday cakes, that improve food flavor. In one of the experiments, researchers gave some participants detailed instructions on how they should eat a piece of chocolate: break it without unwrapping it, unwrap one half and eat it, then unwrap the other half and eat it. Other participants weren't given eating instructions.

2 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 3

AWow. Very interesting!

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 3

AThat is interesting and I don't doubt it, but I am never more glad to say "no thank you, I can't eat gluten" than after someone has blown out the candles on a cake. That whole idea is just so gross. Get some little kid to blow their germs all over the cake, then slice it up and let everybody have some! Yuck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%