How Much To Charge For 8 In Single Cake?

Business By nativesweets Updated 16 Jul 2013 , 2:00am by nativesweets

nativesweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nativesweets Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 9

I'm newly starting my business and I had a request for two single layer 8 inch cakes...one with Tinkerbell and one with Doc McStuffins. How much should I charge for these? I was thinking $50 for both.

8 replies
mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 9

AJust thought I'd warn you, you are about the get several responses about selling copy written characters on cakes, plus several more questions about where you are located, how you plan to go about your design, and likely a link to a pricing matrix. Have you made this type of cake before? How long did it take? Do you know your supply cost? Do you have an idea of your other costs(gas, electricity, boxes, labels, etc). That said, you are suggesting $25/ cake for a custom cake. That seems very underpriced to me, and I'm just a home hobby baker.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 9

AHave you worked out what it will cost you to make them. I suspect your cost in ingredients will be pretty close to $50, so you might want to think about charging more. If you do a search here you will find lots and lots of information to guide you. :)

nativesweets Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 9

Didn't realize that about character cakes so scratch that...I was more or less looking for an idea of what to charge for a custom decorated cake.

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 9

Please, please go to the top of this page and type in "pricing" in the search box. You will get TONS of threads on this very topic. Not to mention you will avoid comments that may seem hurtful to you. But really, the more experience bakers are just tired of this overworked question, they really are here to help. GL

P.S. You can search about copyrights as well.  

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 9

A^ yes

Baking Sis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Sis Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingitreal21 

Please, please go to the top of this page and type in "pricing" in the search box. You will get TONS of threads on this very topic. Not to mention you will avoid comments that may seem hurtful to you. But really, the more experience bakers are just tired of this overworked question, they really are here to help. GL

P.S. You can search about copyrights as well.  

This response is such a kind one to help a beginner learn.  Bless you!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 9

I'll get about $65 for an 8" cake, bc, five roses, simple message on it.  Takes 20 minutes to put together.  More work = higher price.

But really, do the search as outlined above.  We've answered this question more times than we can count.

nativesweets Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 2:00am
post #9 of 9

Well, newbies have to start somewhere ;-) Thanks for the gentle guidance!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%