Need Perfect Icing Recipe For 8 Inch Cake Using Veg Shortening Crisco

Decorating By newcakepassion Updated 12 Jul 2013 , 6:40pm by Lindasicings

newcakepassion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakepassion Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

AHi All,

Could you please help me with the icing recipe for frosting an 8 inch cake with veg shortening -Crisco.

Thanks ,

Cakepassion

3 replies
melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 4

I have used Sugar Shack 's buttercream recipe with just Crisco instead of the Hi-ratio shortening and it turned out great .

I believe you may be able to find the recipe here on CC.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 4

Ahttp://www.peggydoescake.com/2012/03/recipe-crusting-american-butter-cream.html

I've used this recipe before, it has butter & shortening. It crusts, helps with hot conditions, and you can use the 'Viva Method' with it. I don't care to use plain shortening in my BC but I used this a lot when I first started out. I used Crisco originally then ordered hi-ratio shortening I had read about it and thought it was crazy to spend that much money to have shortening shipped to my small town but it really does make a difference in the taste! But Crisco works too

Lindasicings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindasicings Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 4

I am new to this site and found I was unable to make my usual recipe using shortening because of the high humidity we have been having.  I tried indydebi's recipe under recipies (or search) and it is amazing.  It is the only recipe I will use with this high humidity.  I am making my first paid for wedding cake for this weekend and it is holding up great.  What a blessing it was to find it here and I love this site!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%