Airbrush Machine?

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 14 Jul 2013 , 10:06pm by alecrim

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 6

I'm ready to take the plunge and buy an airbrushing machine but there seem to be more than a few out there and I'm wondering which is the way to go? Which is the easiest to handle? which works best? etc. I've done loads of online research but can't decide which way to go so I'm asking on CC which has never failed me in the past (!) for any and all advice!

Thanks,

Claire

5 replies
sugarmagiccakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarmagiccakes Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 6

AHi Clare, I'm in the UK, not sure where you are. I've had my airbrush for about a year now & it's great! It's a KMS Airbrush kit AS186. Compressor with tank and 2 double action airbrushes. I bought it from amazon UK from a company called KMS distributions ltd. It's still available. Not sure if it is in the USA, but I would highly recommend it. It's £74.90 that's $113. Does everything you need it to and because it has a seperate tank that fills when you're using it you don't have the constant noise. I've just looked on amazon USA and they have the same kind for the same kind of money.[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004XP7K9W/?tag=cakecentral-20[/URL] Here's a link to the image and details on amazon. Hope this helps.

Claire138 Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much for your help, I actually live in Paris so would be getting one from the UK as they don't sell them here (not that I've found anyway).

What is the compressor tank for? I've had a look on amazon and read the reviews but still don't understand it entirely.

sugarmagiccakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarmagiccakes Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 6

AHi Clare, the advantages of having a tank attached is that your drawing the air from the tank , not directly from the pump/compressor . So you are guaranteed that the air will flow at a steady pressure without any pulsations. This can happen when you only have the pump with no tank attached. Also, the other advantages are once the pressure is built up in the tank the pump will stop for a while so you get a break from the noise and also this gives the compressor chance to cool down which will lengthen its life. I bought the americolor airbrush food colours and they work really well. I did find however that they tend to go deeper as they dry so be careful. Also I've heard good reviews about the Kroma colours as well. Hope this helps. :)

Claire138 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks again,

I've found the machine you suggested here in France but it cost a fair bit more than from Amazon in the UK; I think I might wait until I come for  a visit to buy it.

Could so have done with it today though!

Claire

alecrim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alecrim Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%