Collecting Payment For A Cake

Business By rsaun Updated 2 Aug 2013 , 8:15pm by BatterUpCake

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 10:05pm
post #31 of 36

Hubby used to work at a car dealership and he said he could always see 'em coming before they walked in the door:  The people who had already planned their speech for something to complain about so they could get their car repair / oil change/ new tires cheaper or free.  Every.  Time.  

You're not Walmart, where cakes are sitting on the shelf waiting to go thru the check out line.  If that's how she wants to pay for it, then she needs to head to a retail store like walmart.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 11:55pm
post #32 of 36

AMy husband says some people just aren't meant to have nice things.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 11:09pm
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaun 

I am so glad to read all of your answers.  I always ask for a specific date/time for their response, and when I do so, I feel "pushy."  In fact, the mom that was at the center of this issue told me she felt "rushed."  I will keep doing this, then, knowing it's okay (see, I'm just a girl who needs reassurance :) )!

she felt rushed? dear lord, she must think you have a magic wand. next time don't ride your broom to the consultation. this could be your mistake...

rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 11:41pm
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

she felt rushed? dear lord, she must think you have a magic wand. next time don't ride your broom to the consultation. this could be your mistake...

icon_biggrin.gif

sugarmagiccakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarmagiccakes Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:11pm
post #35 of 36

Glad you sorted it out rsaun. I had my doubs too like you and im just starting out. Read all these posts and really made me think about how I will need to deal with customers. Ive always beeen a bit of a pushover, but, after reading this and hearing your experiances I will try not to be.

My partner is a mechanic and he has always had the same gripes with customers over the years. They always want their car fixed yesterday and dont want to pay for the work!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:15pm
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

My husband says some people just aren't meant to have nice things.

My friend Dave says "People....they're the worst." For some reason I lost it when he said that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%