Your Ultimate Storefront.

Business By Pyro Updated 16 Jun 2013 , 4:44pm by Annabakescakes

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 4:38am
post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes 

I agree with the 'get in/get out' idea. I'm not a waitress, and hate cleaning up after people. But, if someone can sit for a few minutes to enjoy their $5 cup of coffee (that cost me $1 to make), they might see something else to buy from the case or retail shelves.
Coffee is a huge profit center for a business. I personally hate coffee. It's gross. But I understand it's draw and money making abilities for my business.

WHAT??? I am afraid I can no longer be friends with someone who is such a polar opposite of me! It is too bad, because I thought we really got along well and had quite a bit in common ;-)

Actually, my MIL doesn't drink it, and we are great friends... I just finished a cup, and I am off to bed! I drink it all day, all year, hot or cold. It no longer affects me, I can fall asleep with a cup of it in my hand.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 5:41am
post #32 of 38

AMe too, I suck down coffee morning and night. One of my splurges is that buy Dunkin Donuts by the biggest bag they offer, at Sam's Club. We go thru 4 a month.

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 6:17am
post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Me too, I suck down coffee morning and night. One of my splurges is that buy Dunkin Donuts by the biggest bag they offer, at Sam's Club. We go thru 4 a month.

Yep same here! $17 and change for 2.5 lbs, vs $14 for 1lb most other places. It says it is "up to " 135 cups, but a 12 cup coffee maker only makes 4 cups of coffee in our standard cups, and only 2 in our travel mugs :-) We fill the reservoir up with water until it almost overflows, too.

On a completely unrelated note, my left kidney is aching..... icon_rolleyes.gif

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 4:37pm
post #34 of 38

AAwww, sorry Anna. But that leaves more coffee for you! I'll take tea. Please oh please, can we still be friends?! There aren't enough people around with quite your sense of humor! :-D

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 12:52am
post #35 of 38

AMy dream store front would be on a busy main street. My best friend and I want to own a bakery together. My main focus would be on gelato and traditional pastries. Her main focus would be on gourmet chocolates, from bean to bar. There would be a couple tables and booths for people to sit. Several big display cases. Tin ceiling, mirror on the back wall. A serving bar with old fashioned bar stools. Bright colors. Silly signs. Fish bowl kitchen. I work in one now snd I love it

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 4:04am
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorieleann 

i would love a combination of the inside of A Wish and a Whisk in an awesome historical building. I love how she has the inside planned out with an open work studio with natural light (skylights).  i wouldn't want a daily bakery component, just custom cakes made in an amazing studio! 

(photos of the buildout are on their facebook page)

Holy Cow, in my dream business I design cakes like A Wish and a Whisk!

amberlashell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlashell Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 4:40pm
post #37 of 38

AI have had my dream business in my head for years. I would love a two story place in an old arts district so that there is plenty of foot traffic. In the bottom floor I would want a new and used book store with plenty of big fluffy couches and chairs. Upstairs would be the bakery and I would sell mostly cupcakes and little pastries but also take custom orders. Oddly, I would have my kitchen downstairs though, but closed off to people watching. I don't like being distracted when I'm in the zone. I'd call the place dreams and sweets.

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 4:44pm
post #38 of 38

A

Original message sent by IAmPamCakes

Awww, sorry Anna. But that leaves more coffee for you! I'll take tea. Please oh please, can we still be friends?! There aren't enough people around with quite your sense of humor! :-D

Haha! After I have snubbed you for 9 days, I hope you will still be my friend ;-) I appreciate you leaving the coffee for me, since brewing it is such trouble. We clean the pot and dripper with ammonia and Dawn, every single time, to keep the coffee clean tasting. It is a PITA, but it makes the coffee so good!

On a thread related note, I do have some older pictures of my bakery on my profile page. I love it! Light pink on pink striped walls, white crown molding, turquoise "tin" ceiling, black and white checkered tile floor on the diagonal. It is always messy though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%