Pricing My Cake...

Decorating By bakerfolife2 Updated 25 May 2013 , 9:33pm by bakerfolife2

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 25 May 2013 , 7:09pm
post #31 of 37

Make a few more cakes to realize how long it takes and you might change your price structure.  I charged my last customer $70 for the cross cake but forgot to add the fact that next time I will be charging more!

As for this forum, you cannot make accusations using the words "rip-off."  The people on here work very hard and try to help with their talent and expertise.  This forum is the most reputable place to be when asking questions about business.  How much or how little you want to charge is up to you, but if you really want to make a true profit, listening to, not insulting, is the way to go.

Also, we have a link on this website all about grammar.  I hope this sentence was a typo, given that you had an academic scholarship based on your GPA, which is commendable.

The customer is picking it up so I don't see the reason to scam people out of there money.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 25 May 2013 , 7:10pm
post #32 of 37

AWhen the discussion degenerates like this I find it's more productive to just alert the mods.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 25 May 2013 , 7:20pm
post #33 of 37

ATrue. But it doesn't have to degenerate beyond this point. OP apologized and is going to do what he/she wants, and with time may come to understand the sentiments expressed in this thread. There's an underlying empathy for people with lower income, and I applaud that, it just rubbed me and many others the wrong way that someone with little knowledge in the area would insult years of hard work, experience and basic economic principles. That made it hard to see an admirable quality the OP has.

Some newbies can still learn from the info in this thread.

P.S. I made an error in my previous post. The scholarship giver is the benefacTOR, OP would be the beneficiary.

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 25 May 2013 , 8:07pm
post #34 of 37

A

Original message sent by vgcea

Congratulations. Now run off and go bake some charity cakes. Some of us have businesses to run.

Best.Post.Ever.

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 25 May 2013 , 8:41pm
post #35 of 37

Let me guess, you're a liberal arts major?  Certainly not a business or math major.  It's ok, I have a liberal arts degree too.  We all make mistakes.

bigdad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigdad Posted 25 May 2013 , 8:51pm
post #36 of 37

Call some of the bakeries in your area and see what they charge or check there web site. that is true bakeries not sam's or wally world. I would think around 60/70$ at least in my area.

bakerfolife2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerfolife2 Posted 25 May 2013 , 9:32pm
post #37 of 37

AOkay I will thanks ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%