Colored Peanut Butter Buttercream

Decorating By CakeRae80 Updated 28 May 2013 , 5:41pm by CakeRae80

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 25 May 2013 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 4

AThis might have been asked in the past, but I couldn't find it. Has anyone ever tried to color peanut butter buttercream? I have an order and they want peanut butter buttercream but they want it navy blue. I've never tried to color peanut butter buttercream and my first thought is it will be horrible. I explained this to them and they said do what I think is best and if peanut butter can't be used they'll understand. But you know, you always want to make the customer happy and you don't want your finished product to look like crap!

3 replies
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 25 May 2013 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't, I would think it would take a lot of dye to try to achieve and change the whole texture...maybe use a peanut butter filling to get the peanut butter flavor?  Good luck...

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 25 May 2013 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 4

I have just colored peanut butter buttercream red and green.  This was only for decor, not the whole thing.  If you  post your email, I could email you a pic of the cakes if you want to see the color.

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 28 May 2013 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 4

I was going to color it for the decor too, but I asked if it was okay for me to do the whole cake in peanut butter buttercream since that is what they wanted.  I told them it would be a brown shade instead of the normal white, but they are okay with that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%