Hydrangea Help!!

Decorating By mylilpeaceocake Updated 19 May 2013 , 5:13pm by mylilpeaceocake

mylilpeaceocake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mylilpeaceocake Posted 19 May 2013 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 6

AI'm new here and was wondering if anyone has ever put fresh hydrangeas on a wedding cake. My bride wants them and I know they are toxic! I don't want people getting sick from my cake. Please let me know if there's a safe way to do this!!! Thanks :)

5 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 19 May 2013 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 6

AI would refuse but that's just me. Maybe someone will chime in with a safe way to put poisonous flowers on food...

mariets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariets Posted 19 May 2013 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 6

Just tell her that they'll wilt really quickly and she's better off with silk.

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 19 May 2013 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 6

AWhat's wrong with telling her the truth? They're poisonous and not safe for food!

If I didn't know better and someone told me they would wilt quickly I'd probably say, "that's ok; we'll cut the cake quickly," but if someone told me that they're poisonous, I'd say, "Oh! I don't want poison on my food! Let's use something else." Then I would Thank them for letting me know something so vitally important!

I'm not trying to be rude(and I apologize if I'm coming across that way) I'm just having a hard time wrapping my brain around trying to find a "safe" way to put poison on food.

meriem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriem Posted 19 May 2013 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 6

AI agree with manddi, just let her know that they are not safe to use. I'm sure she'll understand, who would want something toxic in their food?

mylilpeaceocake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mylilpeaceocake Posted 19 May 2013 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 6

AThanks for the input! I agree with you, Mandi. I let her know that they are poisonous and safety trumps style. I told her I'd get the silk flowers instead. Too much of a liability, especially since I'm just starting my business. Thanks again :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%