Cake Pops In A Silicone Mold With Bakels White Mud Mix.

Baking By derbyfour Updated 5 May 2013 , 2:47pm by derbyfour

derbyfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
derbyfour Posted 5 May 2013 , 2:38am
post #1 of 4

I usually use ground up cake with a tub of marscapone (or soft cream cheese) and 100g of melted chocolate, then I mold them with a mold or just roll them into balls.

Not usually a fan of silicone baking products as for me I think that they tend to "steam" the cake.  Anyways who can resist a bargain???  Bought a silicone cake pop baking mold.  Got 15kg Bakels mix and a heap of egg yolks to use up.

Couldn't find a recipe on line for the Bakels mix with cake pops so here is my version.

500 grams Bakels white chocolate mud cake sieved

3 Xlarge eggs -about 174g (*plus 2 yolks left over from some other cooking adventure)

200ml flavoured milk (Hazelnut in this one but you can use normal milk or other flavours)

150g white chocolate

100ml vegetable or canola oil

1 Heat oven to 145degrees Celsius for fan forced or otherwise 150 degrees Celsius.

2 Grease up those molds well top and bottom. I used Crisco but I read that you can use spray 'n cook.

2 Put 500g sieved white chocolate mud in your food mixer bowl

3 Whisk together eggs and milk.

4 Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in wet.

5 Beat on low for no more than 1 minute;

6 meantime, melt your chocolate in the microwave (1 minute in mine on medium power).

7 Mix 100ml vegetable or canola oil into the melted chocolate 'til combined.

8 Add the oil and chocolate mixture into the other ingredients and beat altogether on low for a further 1 min.

9 Put the silicone mold on a flat baking tray

10 Fill the each cup of the bottom half of the silicone cake pop mold right to the top of the mold- NO LESS or it will not make a complete ball (about 1 full tablespoon measure)

10 Secure the top of the mold (the one with the hole in it)

11 bake 19mins

Set on a cooling rack.  After about 5 minutes pinch the top of the mold.  I take then take the top off to prevent them from becoming soggy.  Leave to cool fully in the bottom half of the mold. When cool put in fridge as they are easier to dip if really cold.

Can be frozen for later use.

3 replies
derbyfour Posted 5 May 2013 , 2:43am
post #2 of 4

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 5 May 2013 , 4:31am
post #3 of 4

It sounds interesting, but I'm not familiar with Bakels. I googled it and the company makes numerous products. Which one did you use?

derbyfour Posted 5 May 2013 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 4

Hiya, I usually make all my cakes from scratch and don't like packet mixes, but I tasted this one at a wedding and liked it.

It is the Bakels white mud cake.  I think that it used to be called Alpine Creme muffin.

I bought mine off Ebay, but I also priced it at cake decorating supplies outlets.  You can buy various weights.  I plumbed for 15kg as it worked out cheaper per Kg and I have a fair few cakes coming up.

It comes in a big thick plastic sack with the ingredients and % of oil, eggs and water that you should use. I found that you do need to put in melted white chocolate at about 1/3, particularly if you like a dense cake.

I decanted it into a food safe bucket that has a really good lid- they are not very expensive to buy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%