I Need Your Opinion, Plz... About Color

Decorating By auntginn Updated 3 May 2013 , 11:48pm by auntginn

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 3 May 2013 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 7

Making a 2 tiered cake.  Bottom will be covered with dark chocolate ganache so I thought of having the top tier white to create the black & white effect.

My problem is I'm making purple (not lavender) large flowers.

My question to you all is this, Do you see that happening or should I change it?  And What color would you use?

The dark chocolate ganache is a must and the flowers are already made.  I can change the top tier to any color I want.

TIA

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 May 2013 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 7

I certainly do see it just fine. 

auntginn Posted 3 May 2013 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you.. Bit of a worry wart I guess.  Was having a hard time visualizing. lol.  I don't even have a design for the side.

Embles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Embles Posted 3 May 2013 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 7

ACan you stage the colours so deep purple/lavender/ivory petals so for exampke start really deep purple flowers at the bittom with the dark choc ganache and as you move upwards to the white choc do deeper petals on the outside moving to lighter and lighter. It might make the colours seem less harsh?

auntginn Posted 3 May 2013 , 11:03pm
post #5 of 7

Yikes!  Didn't think of that.  My flowers are almost 1 piece.  What do you thing if I have petals falling or laying on the cake.

Here is the kind of flowers I made.  The darker ones.

Embles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Embles Posted 3 May 2013 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 7

AThey are beautiful. They seem to be layered colours thats what I was thinking, itll maybe stop the blavk/white/purpke and bring it tigeyher more. God ur cakes are lovelyx

auntginn Posted 3 May 2013 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 7

Sorry Embles, that is not my cake.  Wish it were.  Its beautiful.  The flowers are already made, Going to try and add more layers to break up the dark color.

Maybe add a ruffle of lavender and off white between the 2 tiers. What do you think?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%