Need Help Immediately!!!!

Decorating By jusnikki Updated 1 May 2013 , 5:47pm by AZCouture

jusnikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jusnikki Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 9

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a little issue, I have an order to do a hawaiian themed birthday cake for a 10 year old girl next weekend, sounds easy huh? Well the problem is she also wants strawberries on top of the cake, and I'm not sure how to incorporate the strawberries into the design that I envisioned. I've tried Google, Pintrest, Bing, Instagram, and even here, but I can't seem to find anything that would work. I would love to hear some feedback on what it is I can do. Oh the cake is 1/2 sheet cake, and I have an idea on what I want to do, but I just can't visualize the strawberries on top. Thanks in advance for your positive feedback.

8 replies
kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 9

I don't guess anyone ever heard of telling a child that they can't necessarily have everything?

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 9

Ooh - that sounded way harsher than I meant it to. This is why I don't post that often. Sorry.

jusnikki Posted 1 May 2013 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 9

No, your fine! (trust me, I don't get offended easily lol)) I was thinking the same thing, I tried to explain to the mom that strawberries are not typical in Hawaiian themes, and I would be more than happy to make a yummy strawberry mousse for the filling, and she insisted on the strawberries on top. I'm new to cake making, and the last thing I want to happen is the cake turning out crappy lol.

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 1 May 2013 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 9

Because it's a sheet cake, can you cut them in half and just incorporate them around the outside, sort of like a border?

Make strawberry flowers?  Like: 

Or bunch a few sliced ones in each corner?  Don't know if this would mess with your design, tho.  :-)

Make sharks out of them and have them poking out of the "water"? icon_lol.gif

jusnikki Posted 1 May 2013 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 9

Wow great suggestions, I didn't think of any of that obviously! The design I visioned do not include strawberries, but I will consider those options. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 1 May 2013 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 9

Poinsettias grow as hedges in Hawaii. You could cut the strawberries into petals and put a few yellow drops in the center.

goldNcupcake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldNcupcake1 Posted 1 May 2013 , 5:44pm
post #8 of 9

I suggest that you make you make a cake (flavor of the girl's choice, of course) and use icing which is the color of the water and use frosting to create Hawaiian flowers on the side of the cake and top it with strawberry slices.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 1 May 2013 , 5:46pm
post #9 of 9

Sorry, wrong thread. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%