What Do You Do For A Migraine?

Lounge By enga Updated 14 Apr 2013 , 7:48pm by SystemMod1

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 10:56pm
post #31 of 95

i found the best remedy is to place a cold pack on my forehead and temples. 

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 7:22pm
post #32 of 95

Take something targeted for migraine (excedrin) with hot coffee, it makes it work quicker in my opinion. Lots of water, rest in a dark room, and rubbing alcohol on a washcloth over my forehead. That last one is something my grandma taught me.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:19pm
post #33 of 95

Thank you sweettreatsbysandra and iCookiBake for your suggestions, I really appreciate them.

I know that if I get another one anytime soon, I will be able to deal with it.

iCookiBake I always listen to everything my grandmother tells me, she's never wrong,lol. thumbs_up.gif

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 9:57pm
post #34 of 95

Excedrin downed with a Diet Coke.

enga Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:46pm
post #35 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show 

Excedrin downed with a Diet Coke.

lol, with all that caffeine I would be spinning like a top, talk about a buzz! icon_razz.gif

iCookiBake Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 12:46am
post #36 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by enga 

iCookiBake I always listen to everything my grandmother tells me, she's never wrong,lol. thumbs_up.gif

So do I ! Even if they sound like old wives tales, I listen anyway icon_lol.gif

I get migraines so I know the pain of them, and am usually willing to try anything

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 2:32am
post #37 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCookiBake 

So do I ! Even if they sound like old wives tales, I listen anyway icon_lol.gif

I get migraines so I know the pain of them, and am usually willing to try anything

IKR, she starts by saying, come her child and sit down and let me tell you what to do, then I know I'm in trouble,lol.

All4Show Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:05am
post #38 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by enga 

lol, with all that caffeine I would be spinning like a top, talk about a buzz! icon_razz.gif

For some reason it's the only thing that works for me.  You're  right about the buzz so I only do this for ones that hit me during the day (car trips are the worst for me)  At night I still do the Excedrin(I'll be up vomiting if I don't) & an ice pack.  I figure it' better just to be wide awake with a little buzz than to be up puking all night.  Oh how I hate the headaches!!

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:21am
post #39 of 95

All4show I hate them too, but I really feel bad for you.  I'm beginning to think that mine are minimal compared to yours and others.  It has never been so bad that I had to puke before. Just  feeling like stones were bouncing back in forth in my head with every pulse.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 5:19am
post #40 of 95

I like Excedrine and Mt. Dew. It just feels very refreshing to me, and if I didn't catch it in time, it doesn't taste as bad as Coke, or coffee when it comes back up. But then, the cold porcelain on my cheek, while I hug the bowl feels nice too. lol. I remember this one migraine I had was so bad, I was crawling around my apartment. I called my mom at 3 am, and I hate to be any trouble. She was at work, so she called a friend, who picked up my brother, drove him over to my house to watch my 3 kids, and took me to the hospital. I crawled through the doors and they got me wheel chair, I was so embarrassed! But the IV really made me feel better, I have no idea what it was, but it took about 30 minutes, and was wonderful, lol.

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 5:29am
post #41 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I like Excedrine and Mt. Dew. It just feels very refreshing to me, and if I didn't catch it in time, it doesn't taste as bad as Coke, or coffee when it comes back up. But then, the cold porcelain on my cheek, while I hug the bowl feels nice too. lol. I remember this one migraine I had was so bad, I was crawling around my apartment. I called my mom at 3 am, and I hate to be any trouble. She was at work, so she called a friend, who picked up my brother, drove him over to my house to watch my 3 kids, and took me to the hospital. I crawled through the doors and they got me wheel chair, I was so embarrassed! But the IV really made me feel better, I have no idea what it was, but it took about 30 minutes, and was wonderful, lol.

Really Anna? Please don't post on this thread.  After all the rudeness you displayed last night , you have got to be freakin kidding me.  So keep it moving.

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 5:31am
post #42 of 95

I regularly get migraines and find that nothing works as well as acupuncture.  seriously it takes about 5 minutes and its GONE! and we are not talking headaches but nauseating, mind numbing, life altering migraines!

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 5:37am
post #43 of 95

AI get hormonal migraines, although I have refused to call them migraines until recently. Since I know when they will come, I make a preemptive strike & take naproxen sodium before they start. Aren't migraines often attributed to high blood pressure too?

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 5:46am
post #44 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I had to go in for an IV for one a couple years back, they gave me morphine, which I'm allergic to. Oh my word, migraine + allergic reaction, not so much fun!

I've had depacon (sp?) before, and it was a half hour bit of heaven!

I'm very glad I didn't have to crawl though!!!

Annabakescakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:04am
post #45 of 95

A

Original message sent by enga

Really Anna? Please don't post on this thread.  After all the rudeness you displayed last night , you have got to be freakin kidding me.  So keep it moving.

Lol!!!

Annabakescakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:09am
post #46 of 95

A

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

I had to go in for an IV for one a couple years back, they gave me morphine, which I'm allergic to. Oh my word, migraine + allergic reaction, not so much fun! I've had depacon (sp?) before, and it was a half hour bit of heaven! I'm very glad I didn't have to crawl though!!!

I don't envy you that one! I had an allergic reaction to something in an IV once, and I itched so badly, I thought I was going to tear holes in my skin. They got me mittens, and I gave myself "rug burn" with them. They also um, had to give me a, uh, suppository to stop the itching, or vomiting from it... I forget which. I think the redness of my cheeks burned the memory of away of what it was for! I can't imagine all that , plus a migraine!

Annabakescakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:11am
post #47 of 95

A

Original message sent by kvand

I regularly get migraines and find that nothing works as well as acupuncture.  seriously it takes about 5 minutes and its GONE! and we are not talking headaches but nauseating, mind numbing, life altering migraines!

I would like to try acupuncture for my fibromyalgia. Nothing else helps.

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:37am
post #48 of 95

Thank you for your responses, hopefully they will help someone.

iCookiBake Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:01pm
post #49 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show 

For some reason it's the only thing that works for me.  You're  right about the buzz so I only do this for ones that hit me during the day (car trips are the worst for me)  At night I still do the Excedrin(I'll be up vomiting if I don't) & an ice pack.  I figure it' better just to be wide awake with a little buzz than to be up puking all night.  Oh how I hate the headaches!!

I almost always vomit when I have a migraine too, but I find at times it makes me feel better once I do.

Annabakescakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:46pm
post #50 of 95

A

Original message sent by iCookiBake

I almost always vomit when I have a migraine too, but I find at times it makes me feel better once I do.

I completely agree, it always make me feel better to vomit, if not the first time I go in there, the second or third time. Except for the time I went to the hospital. My 9 year old is the same way. She got one out of nowhere, and 3 hours later, after the second time she puked, she felt so much better. It's like a toothache in your head.

iCookiBake Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 3:57pm
post #51 of 95

Yikes. Thankfully I usually only throw up one time. I think vomiting is worse than the actual migraine..

Sorry for your daughter.. I started getting migraines around age 8 or 9 too and I'm 28 and still get them.. not fun at all.

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:16pm
post #52 of 95

The name of the thread is, 'what do you do for a migraine', ladies. While migraines are horrible and very debilitating, can you please refrain from all the vomit stories and stay on topic.  WE GET IT!!!

All4Show Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:37pm
post #53 of 95

LOL!   Having raised kids & always having grandchildren around has made me a little less squeemish about the V word.  It is unfortunately a common result of severe migraines & if somebody told me a way to avoid doing it I would be thrilled.

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 4:39pm
post #54 of 95

You are clearly being used for anabakescakes sick joke that started in another thread.  It is not funny.

iCookiBake Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:10pm
post #55 of 95

AWell I don't know anythin about a "sick joke" but I thought I WAS on topic, since it's a common side effect of a migraine! And it [B]does[/B] make me feel better, sorry!!

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:12pm
post #56 of 95

So you send me a PM to say you are sorry then you post on hear to star an argument, go figure.  You my dear take the cake! SMH

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:14pm
post #57 of 95

A??

iCookiBake Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:16pm
post #58 of 95

AWho are you referring to ? I sent no pM nor was I starting an argument ... I merely thought I joined a migraine discussion ...?

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:17pm
post #59 of 95

AYou should totally try it! I was super afraid of "needles" and went but its not like vaccinations. It's actually really relaxing. You feel a light pinch and then it feels like a light weight is resting on you. I have found it helps with so much. Plus I love that its drug free!!

enga Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 6:18pm
post #60 of 95

Sorry wrong person

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%