Covering Plywood??

Decorating By crpdfoster Updated 17 Apr 2013 , 11:43am by leonamccauley

crpdfoster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crpdfoster Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a fairly large cake and putting it on a piece of plywood, any ideas of what to cover it with besides tin foil because that would look tacky with the cake or fondant because it would take too much to cover it and expensive. Any ideas, thanks so much!!

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 7

How about a piece of flannel backed tablecloth; really, any plastic tablecloth would work. Other options: freezer paper; florist's foil (as olong as you put the cake on cake boards so the cake does not touch the foil); fondant are just a few choices.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 1:11am
post #3 of 7

I use wrapping paper that coordinates and cover that with food-safe cello and then trim the board with a nice ribbon. 

crpdfoster Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 4:19am
post #4 of 7

Not sure if I know what food safe cello is? Is there a specific brand for it, or am I just not thinking straight anymore??

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 7

I just buy it at Michaels - it is with the basket wrapping items and says right on the package that it's food safe. However, I still put my cake onto a cakeboard first for extra protection. 

crpdfoster Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys, I found a $2 tablecloth with a fabric backing at Walmart and works great!!

leonamccauley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leonamccauley Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 11:43am
post #7 of 7

The spandex table covers would do the trick. It stretches on the table and covers the plywood and give the table a wonderful look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%