Similarities And Differences With Other Cakers

Lounge By manddi Updated 16 May 2013 , 1:33am by TheLoveOfSugar

Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 7:32pm
post #31 of 43

I am a stay-at-home/home school mom of 5 very active kids, ages 12 to 5 months.  Other than caking, I love to read, sew, craft, carpentry, the list goes on and on (ADHD MUCH?).  I also tutor math students, high school and college level. Hubby is hoping I will take up golf this summer.  Whew, no wonder I am tired all the time!

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 11 May 2013 , 1:10am
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista 

I am a stay-at-home/home school mom of 5 very active kids, ages 12 to 5 months.  Other than caking, I love to read, sew, craft, carpentry, the list goes on and on (ADHD MUCH?).  I also tutor math students, high school and college level. Hubby is hoping I will take up golf this summer.  Whew, no wonder I am tired all the time!

I'm a homeschooling mom of 6! :) Ages are 13-2. Just thought I would throw that connection out there!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 11 May 2013 , 1:52am
post #33 of 43

AI am also a homeschooling mom, but I only have one. Currently I do a lot of driving (my Honda has 205,000 miles on it now), taking my daughter to all her activities, and parents to various doctors appointments.

Things I like to do: -make beaded jewelry, mainly rosaries, bracelets, and earrings. -paper crafting -crochet (just a bit, mainly straight lines) -sewing -Looking at crafting and baking websites -researching stuff -reading -singing (just for myself, not in front of others) -various other crafts

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:41pm
post #34 of 43

Another homeschooler here!  I have 4 kids ages 3-8 and one more on the way via adoption.  I'm also on the board of a local non-profit, so I spend a lot of time/energy speaking at churches and going to meetings.  I like traveling, reading, budgeting (I know, weird!), gardening, and running.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 12 May 2013 , 8:23am
post #35 of 43

ACake has been my only hobby since I became legal, but my grandma taught me how to see when I was 5, and my mom taught me how to crochet when I was 8, and I have always been and avid reader, like, winner of the reading contest by reading 10 times more books than the second place winner, avid, lol. I love all crafts, painting, embroidery, cross stitch, carpentry, carving, home-improvement, DIY...

I love tattoos, have 4 kids aged 12.75 twin boys, 9 year old girl, 4 year old boy, and I am so done having kids, I would jump in the lake if I found out I was pregnant, hahaa! I am 33 and have been married 5 years, this month. My husband is a tattooed skater punk.... I wish I could invite people to come garden my yard, and just let me have a couple tomatoes or whatever, because I hate manual labor, but would love a garden!!! Oh, ADD in the extreme, and have taken to watching a season of TV at a time! Favorite shows are Bones, Nikita, breaking Bad, the office, and Naruto in the original Japanese.

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 12 May 2013 , 9:11am
post #36 of 43

apart from baking and decorating cakes, i also love to cook... another hobby is photography :-) 

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 12 May 2013 , 11:16am
post #37 of 43

Anna, I also like to watch my TV in whole seasons.

I also am over kids.  You think when they grow up and leave home that they would be easier but there is always something happening.  And then if a week or two goes by and you haven't heard from them you start to worry and wonder what is wrong.  My two have not been easy and though I love them dearly and have a really good relationship with them I am really glad that I got severe post natal depression and didn't have the other 3 that we had planned.  Sometimes life being cruel ends up being kind in the long run.

I've never heard this rule about having to have 2 tomatoes.  I hope knowing it does not put a mozz on me as I have never had any trouble growing one by itself.  We are avid vegie gardeners and have green thumbs but it is usually a race to see who can eat the most, us or the caterpillars.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 15 May 2013 , 10:13pm
post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreatsbysandra 

apart from baking and decorating cakes, i also love to cook... another hobby is photography :-) 

Have you looked into thedaringkitchen.com? They give you challenges every month, 1 baking and 1 cooking. I signed up and just finished my first cooking challenge. Great way to try out new things!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 May 2013 , 1:05am
post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

Anna, I also like to watch my TV in whole seasons.

I also am over kids.  You think when they grow up and leave home that they would be easier but there is always something happening.  And then if a week or two goes by and you haven't heard from them you start to worry and wonder what is wrong.  My two have not been easy and though I love them dearly and have a really good relationship with them I am really glad that I got severe post natal depression and didn't have the other 3 that we had planned.  Sometimes life being cruel ends up being kind in the long run.

I've never heard this rule about having to have 2 tomatoes.  I hope knowing it does not put a mozz on me as I have never had any trouble growing one by itself.  We are avid vegie gardeners and have green thumbs but it is usually a race to see who can eat the most, us or the caterpillars.

I won't watch it any other way, now! lol.

I always had bad post partum depression, too. It was terrible. But, I also had reason, as after I had my twins, my husband quit his job, and after I had my daughter her father left me, and after I had my son, my husband told me that he wasn't in love with me anymore, to which I said Pshaw! tough! We are sticking it through this!

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 16 May 2013 , 1:27am
post #40 of 43

We have a cabin in the mountains, so one of my hobbies is going up there and hiking, fishing, finding and cutting/splitting firewood, and just plain relaxing.  I also love to read up there and at home, garden (flowers, fruits and veggies), cooking and walking.  Both of my boys are grown (32 and 28), oldest is married, youngest not yet.  No grand kids as my oldest and his wife don't want any, which is fine with me.  I'd like to be a grandma, but I won't even try to pressure them into having any if they don't want them, so I have a "grand puppy" and "grand kitty".  lol  Hubby and I have been happily married for 37 years and enjoy our life together.  He loves my baking hobby, but our weights aren't where they should be because of it.  Along with my baking, I make a lot of homemade ice cream all year long.  I used to sew, embroider and paint ceramics, but haven't done any of those in quite a few years.  So that's my story.....

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 16 May 2013 , 1:28am
post #41 of 43

Oh...I forgot to say that in my "spare" time I'm on CC a lot and watch food channels on TV.

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 16 May 2013 , 1:28am
post #42 of 43

A

Original message sent by j92383

My hobby is reading. Every chance I get I'm reading even if it's at red light : )

I too am an avid reader! Have you considered audio books? Free if you check them out at the library and will eliminate the need to red-light read! Lol. I'm THAT dorky and enjoy books and stories so much that having someone read to me while I drive (I live in a small country town on the outskirts of Jacksonville FL so I do ALOT of long distance driving) is the icing on my cake!!

Aside from baking I spend most of my time cooking and trying out new recipes, being a cheer mom, a mom to a special needs baby who has a lot of weekly appointments, and snooping around cake central for hints, tips, and tricks on how to improve my baking and decorating skills. Plus I'm considering obtaining a booth at my local farmers market and I am 3 credits shy of graduating college. I'd love to learn photography and sewing but that's a daydream at this rate.

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 16 May 2013 , 1:33am
post #43 of 43

A

Original message sent by bct806

Have you looked into thedaringkitchen.com? They give you challenges every month, 1 baking and 1 cooking. I signed up and just finished my first cooking challenge. Great way to try out new things!

Fun to know! I'm going to check that out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%