Cake Boards

Business By becka429 Updated 12 Mar 2013 , 10:07pm by AZCouture

becka429 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becka429 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 7

I am opening a new bakery and need to find a cake board to put my wedding cakes on.I have been using a custom made cutting board but have to retrieve them after the function. With more orders this wont be possible so I need to find a cheaper alternative that doesnt need to be returned preverably. Any suggestions? Thank you!

6 replies
handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 7

Ummm, Becka, you're opening a bakery and you don't know about cake drums? Are you sure you're ready for this?

becka429 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 7

I have been using a custom board made from a cutting board that are cut to size. Its strong and durable and If I could I would use them all the time.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 7

Cake Drums, of course.

becka429 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 7

Are there differant kinds? What I have found so far I wouldnt trust a cake on them. They warp and arent sturdy. Do you know of or have a trusted brand that you get them from?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 7

I get mine from www.cakedeco.com, and I know someone who owns a very busy bakery who uses the same ones. I've never had a problem with them at all, but I got some Wilton ones once and they were so flimsy I was horrified. The Pfeil and Holing (cakedeco) ones are really sturdy. If you were nervous about them you could double two up, but you really wouldn't need to.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 7

Who are you planning to order your wholesale supplies from? Surely you already have an account all set up with a vendor like that, right, and I bet they have drums? I use the drums from CK, they come 6 to a pack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%