Please Help, I Am A Hoarder!

Lounge By peppercorns Updated 11 Mar 2013 , 11:47pm by plcharles

GixxerChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GixxerChick Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 2:27pm
post #31 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I could tell, you but then I would have to kill you ;-) Actually, if I tell you it will look like ********** or [banned]! I will say it is in Hamilton, Ohio.

OOH OOH OOH I Know I Know!!! Hmmm   So juicy Sweeeeeeeeet!!!  I think I actually drooled.  Oh what I wouldn't give.......

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:57pm
post #32 of 51

This is a test.

Sugarcraft

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:06pm
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

This is a test.

Sugarcraft

WHAT THE H---? IT WORKED!!! When did that change happen? I have never been able to post it, and when I tried to go around it, JanH jumped my sh!t, and told me if I had a problem with it, take it up with Heath....

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:24pm
post #34 of 51
Quote:

WHAT THE H---? IT WORKED!!! When did that change happen? I have never been able to post it, and when I tried to go around it, JanH jumped my sh!t, and told me if I had a problem with it, take it up with Heath....

My experience exactly!  Admittedly, that was two years ago.

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 7:11pm
post #35 of 51

I agree with Annabakescakes, no body parts, never pregnant women,and no crosses.icon_twisted.gif

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 8:04pm
post #36 of 51

AI have the solution!!

I do not have enough stuff. I think you should all sen me your stuff, especially the triplicates. Then, you will have much more room!

Perfect solution. I'd even be willing to pay shipping!

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 9:11pm
post #37 of 51

They do have a smaller, single blade version. ;-) not sure of the cost. 

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 9:58pm
post #38 of 51

The smallest one is $125. 

peppercorns Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 10:08pm
post #39 of 51

Are you serious? I'll start digging my stuff and any duplicate I package to you, PM  me.thumbs_up.gif

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 10:16pm
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 

My experience exactly!  Admittedly, that was two years ago.

Quote:

Same here, but a few days ago I saw it on CC. Can't remember where now, but I was surprised.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 11:11pm
post #41 of 51

Anyone who wants to mail me their duplicate Agbay, I'll definitely pay shipping! 

Just realized I have two cupcake stands coming from Amazon that were a deal I couldn't resist any day now. Not figured out where I'm going to store those in my 900 sq ft house. 

Also I need to go to OH.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 2:52am
post #42 of 51

Let me join in the army of those wanting *any* extra equipment. I thought I'd never bake/decorate again so sold off *everything* now I find people at my apt complex asking for me to make cakes.  I have 5 tips, a small off set

peppercorns Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 4:07am
post #43 of 51

Hi Kakeladi, wow, you have such talent, your beautiful cakes, talk to me.icon_smile.gif

GixxerChick Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 1:12pm
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

This is a test.

Sugarcraft

I wasn't aware that was a "four letter word".  Perhaps someone had a bad experience.  In which case it's just another example of the "bias" that goes on around here.

GixxerChick Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 1:52pm
post #46 of 51
Quote:

I was told it had something to do with them spamming the forum. I was also told they were on here answering questions, and providing links to their products, when someone would post,"Where can I get...." instead of Googling... Every now and then I will see a thread bashing them, but I have never had a bad experience. There shipping seems high, but I am sure the other places make up shipping costs a bit with higher prices. But I am always shocked wV hen I try to ship something! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12569011

What I wanna know.....whose breast milk is it???  Do they have a warehouse full of women pumping milk for this Ice Cream??

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 1:54pm
post #47 of 51

Sorry, my computer is acting up, it somehow pasted that link from my clip board and I can't delete it in edit mode...

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 2:03pm
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerChick 

What I wanna know.....whose breast milk is it???  Do they have a warehouse full of women pumping milk for this Ice Cream??

"Donations" from "volunteers" yet they pay them. icon_confused.gif I read it is no "cash cow" though, since most women only get an ounce at a time, but I pumped over a gallon a day when my twins were in the NICU. My "cups runneth over" lol! I was a milking machine, I was so proud, lol! It was ungodly uncomfortable, though. I was so over-sized, I wore new born diapers in my bra, and had to physically hold them to keep from jostling them, or I would cry. I had to carry spare clothes everywhere, and wipes to get all the sugar off of me, and diapers, and I smelled funny from leaking all the  time, so basically, I had my own diaper bag, hahaha! I could have made a FORTUNE at the breast milk ice cream store, and I stupidly gave it all to my preemies ;)

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 6:02pm
post #49 of 51

My wonderful husband has just put up 3 new wall cabinets in my kitchen icon_biggrin.gif The previous house owner didn't like having wall units she couldn't reach up to (she was less than 5 feet tall).  Now what to fill them with?shhh.gif!!!!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 7:17pm
post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by remnant3333 

I probably would have a lot more but my husband keeps telling me I have too much as it is so I don't buy any more. I only do butter cream cakes so I do not need any of the fondant or gum paste gadgets. I love the way gum paste flowers look but I hear they do not taste very good. I have to admit I love looking at the different designs of cakes on the internet and I do love my cake books. I only have about 4 Wilton books along with a Martha Stewart cake book and Buddy's book. I always find myself using pretty much the same tip tubes over and over. I have some tip tubes that I have never used but keep telling myself that one day I will just do nothing but practice on sides of cake pans with tips that I have never used.

You people made my day today. I had to laugh because I know I would have way too much also if it were not for my husband!!! I would love to have the Agbay cake leveler one day in the distant future. I have heard good things about it but since I only do occasional cakes for kids and family I do not really get into doing huge cakes such as the wedding cakes.

All my cakes are buttercream but my decor is fondant...so hence I own a gazillion fondant cutters, molds (not enough BTW), impression mats, letter cutters etc.  And I want more!  Don't limit yourself to doing just buttercream decor. Yes gum paste flowers don't taste good but no one eats them!  Expand your horizons... come to the dark side.  Learn how to make bows and figures and flowers and learn to stencil...or better yet hand paint on your buttercream.  It can be done...I've done it!  I can't pipe worth  a hoot so I use a Makins clay extruder.  I don't do wedding cakes either!  Smaller cakes can still be tiered and fabulous.  My husband says I have too much stuff too.  I just laugh and tell him I don't and go about my business of securing more really cool stuff.  Come on....you know you want to...! (smiling evilly)

plcharles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plcharles Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 11:47pm
post #51 of 51
Quote:

Welcome to the club! I have more cake crap than I know what to do with! My bakery is 18 x 20 feet, and is filled, there is no where to go but up! Good thing I have 12' ceilings ;-D

When I make a $400 cake, $100 of it goes to supplies and overhead, $50 to the bank, and I get another $250 worth of crap!

LOL...I have to say this made me laugh because its exactly what I do! I have to build another room just to hold all my "stuff".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%