Have You Ever...

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 4:31am by Annabakescakes

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 7:16am
post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdover4 

Annabakescakes, I use photoscape. You can download it free from cnet download.com 

Here: http://download.cnet.com/PhotoScape/3000-2192_4-10703122.html?tag=mncol;1

It has LOTS of editing features, and its free!! LOVE IT!!

Thank you, I checked it out. It seems nice for editing your own pictures, but I also use my PSP for making pictures, as well, for edible images. And I have really gone in and CHANGED photos. For example, I did a wedding cake for a lady at church, and her "photographer" took some truly terrible pictures. Every one was at a dumb angle, and her son was blue, and they were dark, and horrible backgrounds... They were a mess! I was able to do color corrections, add layers, and masks, and clone backgrounds to cover cords, exit signs, and trash cans. There was a single photo of her son that made him look angelic, and right beside his face, too close to crop, was a BIG BUTT, in white slacks, and a MAJOR WEDGIE!!! I spent over an hour on every pic, and up to 2 on others, they were so bad, but when I was done, you couldn't tell they were ever bad. Completely seamless and natural. That's what I want! (And I don't want to spend $$$ to do it. I have tried the GIMP, and it is way too complicated for me, and the instructions were horrendous. 

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 7:40am
post #32 of 38

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I just saw I can download the old ones FOR FREE!!! I am ON IT!!! (OH, HAPPY DAY!!!) 

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 7:41am
post #33 of 38

Now, I just need my backups of Cake Boss, so I don't have to put all that info back in, and I still have my numbers for my taxes (which are late!!!!)

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 11:31am
post #34 of 38

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

8O icon_eek.gif  I just saw I can download the old ones FOR FREE!!! I am ON IT!!! (OH, HAPPY DAY!!!) 

Old ones of what?

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 7:00pm
post #35 of 38

Hi everyone, I just learned that lard is mostly made of pigs fat! icon_twisted.gif.

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 10:56pm
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorns 

Hi everyone, I just learned that lard is mostly made of pigs fat! icon_twisted.gif.

That is wonderful in gravy, but only if you have the crispy bits to go in it, too. Quite horrendous to think of it on a cupcake!

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 3:37am
post #37 of 38

Since it was mentioned...

Back in the day when I was in high school, I had made some small icing flowers on the back of a cookie sheet and left them on the kitchen table to crust before I covered them... I took our dog outside and when I came back in the tiny little four pound ball of fluff that was my mother's cat was on the kitchen table (a place we had never seen him before) eating the icing flowers... He didn't even try to hide the fact...

Just to add to the pet stories...

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 4:31am
post #38 of 38

To add to the embarrassing duh cake moments (and not the pet ones, most of those are just gross or infuriating) I had a tasting and consultation today, and we had a great time, planned everything out, picked the flavors and fillings for the cupcakes (240 of them) and they just loved the cake. We sat for about an hour and a half, and I told them they could call me later, but she decided to book me, right there and then, and even paid in full, which rarely happens. So, afterward, I go in the house, and walk past the mirror, and see my earring, and think, "Oh no! the Opal came out!" and they are a very expensive set my husband got me for Valentine's Day, so I freaked, and looked closer, and noticed that it looked pink in the middle, then realized that I was wearing mis-matched earrings! One opal, one spinel, lol!!! Brilliant, right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%