Half Choc / Half White

Baking By ewardell Updated 14 Feb 2013 , 1:58am by erin2345

ewardell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ewardell Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 2

I have been looking at your posts for half and half cakes. Here is what I came up with and I am wanting to know if anyone has tried it.

Could I use half the batter I normally would in my 1/2 sheet pan (12x18) and bake it until it's done then cut it in half and stack it? Then repeat with the other flavor and place them side by side to make it a whole cake again (12x18)? In my head I'm thinking if I bake it that way I will get about 1" thick cake then stack with frosting in between to get 2" of cake.

Has anyone tried this? Any luck?

Or is it just going to be easier to poor them in with a divider in between and then let them back together in the middle?

1 reply
erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 14 Feb 2013 , 1:58am
post #2 of 2

I have a couple of clients who always want 2 flavours of cake in the same cake.  They are good clients so i say "no problem!"  I bake one round in vanilla, and one in chocolate.  When it comes time to ice, I cut them both in half (now I have 2 semi circles) and then cut them in half across the middle.  The just stack up the vanilla pieces on one side and the chocolate on the other.  It looks a little weird, and maybe even uneven, when I am icing them, but it all gets smoothed out in the end with a coat of icing and some fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%