Questions About Mud Cake.

Baking By KathleenC Updated 29 Jun 2016 , 5:04am by winniemog

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 8:52pm
post #61 of 67

ASounds pretty good [@]cazza1[/@], I love strawberries. i also use my homemade salted caramel sauce on the chunks of mud cake....it's amazing!

delectable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delectable Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 10:32am
post #62 of 67

Hi Cazza1 please where can I get celebs recipe for strawberry whote chocolate mudcake? It sounds divine!!

HobbybakerMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbybakerMum Posted 28 Jun 2016 , 11:40am
post #63 of 67

Hi am planning on making chocolate mud cake and hoping for some advice please - I'm making it on Wednesday for eating on Sunday. Should I freeze it in between? Also  is the toothpick supposed to be clean? If the cake smells, it is springy to touch and had come away from sides of pan but the  toothpick has chocolate on it, should it cook for longer? Thanks!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 2:37am
post #64 of 67

I don't think that any of these old members are posting lately, so here's an old thread with several recipes that may answer some of your questions about mud cakes.

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/726071/august-scratch-off-mud-cake

winniemog Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 4:22am
post #65 of 67

You don't need to freeze the cake at all for that short period of time. Mud cakes in fact improve and become more delicious with time.

When you check it's cooked, a little chocolate on the toothpick is fine, but you don't want raw batter. It's a lot like brownies when you test it.

Hope you enjoy your cake!

HobbybakerMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbybakerMum Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 4:46am
post #66 of 67

Thanks just checking it now, it has some slightly moist crumbs on it. Do you think it will be ok or needs longer? Thank you!

winniemog Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 5:04am
post #67 of 67

Should be fine. Let the cake cool in the pan too, and they're such dense cakes they hold their heat for a long time. I think they're better under rather than over baked anyway, but I'm a big fan of raw cake batter and cookie dough - so perhaps not the best source of advice there!

Again though, they are like brownies so fudgy is good in my opinion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%