Ok, So I Revised A Carrot Cupcake Recipe... After Many Failed Tries

Baking By sfandm

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 1

I made these this morning for a customer. After many failed attempts at these, I am happy with the outcome. Some of you may have read my previos post about cupcakes caving in and spilling over the liner, but this did not happen today.

I followed this recipe exactly, and modified the recipe to many suggestions on the previous thread.

Please note that I also did NOT use any electric appliances, all of this was stirred by hand, which may have had a little something to do with it.

I also used frozen carrots from Sysco, and completely submerged them in hot water to thaw them, then I strained them, and laid them out on a paper towel and pat dry. I don't know if you need to do this with fresh carrots.

Recipe as follows:

Carrot Cupcakes- makes 30 regular muffin liner size (2" across x 1-1/2" tall. I used my Walmart cheapy pan, dark in color, and preset the over to 350 degrees. I did NOT turn down the oven when using my dark pan.

In a large bowl combine:

1 cup vegetable oil

1-3/4 cups sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar, packed

4 eggs

Whisk together just till combined

In a small bowl combine:

2-1/4 cups flour

1 Tablespoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Optional- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Slightly stir the dry ingredients and then add to the wet, folding in until just combined with the wet. Do NOT overstir.

To this you add 2-1/2 cups carrots, measure these just to the top of your cup. Fold in with a spatula. Add your walnuts at this time if you want.

Prepare your tins with liners, and using a #24 scoop, the same as 2-1/2 Tablespoons, (I bought mine from www.webstaurantstore.com for $6) and then scoop out flat, don't let any carrots hang over the side of the scoop, and place in a liner. Repeat this process until all the batter is gone from the bowl.

Bake in your preheated oven for 20 minutes and then check doneness with a toothpick.

When done, take out of oven, and leave in your pan for 5 minutes, then remove.

They are moist and have GREAT flavor.

Let me know how yours come out. I will throw all my other recipes away and use this one from now on.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%