Wedding Cake Question (Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster)

Decorating By JackieK84 Updated 16 Apr 2013 , 1:58am by Dani1081

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 10:36pm
post #31 of 35

Great job. And now you know why there is a huge difference between making it yourself and paying someone else to do it. Would you have taken 2 days off work to do it for the cost of materials for anyone else? I obviously don't know how much you make, but losing 2 days pay is nothing to sneeze at. You would've have only paid me 1 days pay, plus overhead (about $20) materials (about $50) plus delivery.

JackieK84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackieK84 Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 11:25pm
post #32 of 35

AWell, I'm salary, so I didn't lose any money...

But I understand why professionals charge as much as they (always have), but $650 was the quote I got and that didn't include delivery. I know it would have looked much better than mine, but I really wanted to do this myself and everyone liked it as a personal touch and it was a great conversation starter :)

Omas Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omas Cakes Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 11:35pm
post #33 of 35

AYou did a terrific job on the cake! And you have some very special memories you wouldn't have had if someone else made it. Congratulations to both of you and many blessings!

Mari

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 4:02pm
post #34 of 35

That was a really beautiful cake! I know it took a lot of time, as did the other things you did for the wedding, but I can see you enjoyed it all and that it made all the difference to your day. Congratulations on making your wedding day the one you and your husband wanted!

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 1:58am
post #35 of 35

Your cake was gorgeous! And you have some left over cash for your honeymoon!  Great job and congratulations on your marriage!  Best of luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%