Headphones As A Topper?

Decorating By LoveMeSomeCake615 Updated 10 Dec 2012 , 1:28am by LoveMeSomeCake615

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 7

I have an inquiry for the Pink Cake Box cake with the huge headphones on top (Below is the link to a picture of the cake). I'm not sure what would be the best way to make these. My concerns are mostly that it will be too heavy and not hold up under it's own weight, especially because that much gumpaste would be pretty heavy. Any ideas how best to do this? Would modeling chocolate be better? TIA! 

http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/matthews-first-communion-cake-2012-06-28.htm

6 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 7

AWww.beadspieces.co.UK. under search bar type in headphone cake. That's if the link gets you to the right site

kazita Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 7

AIf you write the site down and type it in maybe it will take you to the website if not I googled headphone cakes and got a few sites to look at

kazita Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 7

AIf you go to the search bar hear and type in headphone cakes it brings up where someone else needed to make headphones on that thread they post the site that I'm trying to get you to

crezart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crezart Posted 9 Dec 2012 , 2:48am
post #6 of 7

you can build the earphones like the ones in the link with sugarpaste, they will support themselves, but they must be made and cast first and allowed to dry, the applies with the head brace or curve, this also must be cast and dried before assembly, the figurine in this pic was done by the support of skewers, but i piloted first, and allowed the shapes to dry before glue. john700

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 10 Dec 2012 , 1:28am
post #7 of 7

Thank you! Yeah, I had found that other headphone cake before, but I'm thinking the way those PCB ones are done, they would need to be more sturdy than that because they aren't really attached to the cake like those are. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%