Sugarveil The Same Day?

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 9 Dec 2012 , 1:03pm by Claire138

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 7 Dec 2012 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,

I am making a lace sugarveil decoration and need it for today, according to their website the sugarveil needs to be made a day in advance, do any of you have experience with making and using it the same day? 

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Claire

6 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 Dec 2012 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 7

AReally depends on the weather where you are. I can use decorations a few hours later if it's a dry day and if not later in the day. Overnight here would be completely dried up and useless to me. Other people with different weather will have different working time.

Claire138 Posted 7 Dec 2012 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 7

It isn't talking about the sugarveil already made but rather that the mixture has to sit out over night (covered) and then re-mixed the next day before using.

I'm panicking.

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 7 Dec 2012 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 7

I would suggest going to the sugarveil facebook page and posting your question there.  The only times I used it I have always made it up the night before so I can't be sure.  My guess would be if you need it for today, between letting the mixture set up awhile and then the drying time you probably don't have enough time but check out the facebook.  You can dry it in a very low tempature oven so maybe it will work for you.  Would love to hear their answer when you get one.  I'm sure there will be a point in time that I will need to know!

Claire138 Posted 9 Dec 2012 , 10:54am
post #5 of 7

Ok, so I had no choice but to use it immediately and I worried the whole day yesterday! turned out I worried for nothing bc as soon as I turned the mat over and started to pull gently away the lace came of perfectly and in one piece. Just stunning. So, so happy with it! Am now making other bits and bobs with the left over mix as I made an entire packet not realizing how little was needed. Thanks to you both for your answers. 

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 9 Dec 2012 , 11:57am
post #6 of 7

Thank you Claire for letting us know it can be used the same day...I am sure this will come in very handy in the future!

Claire138 Posted 9 Dec 2012 , 1:03pm
post #7 of 7

You're welcome, delighted to be of (future) help. I'm always asking questions on this site so it's nice to be on the other side (albeit this did come about due to a question asked by me)!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%