Tips For Making Hundreds Of Cake Pops...

Baking By kryptonite Updated 5 Dec 2012 , 5:03pm by leah_s

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 4

I know how to make cake pops, but I've never made more than 100 and I have an order for 400 coming up. I was just wondering if anyone had any time/sanity-saving ideas as far as workflow, time management, etc. Does anyone use their crock pot to melt their candy melts? Thanks so much!!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 4

If you have a small to med size one it probably would work.  You can make the balls ahead and fz them until you are ready to dip them.  Make sure you have plenty of room to set out the dipped balls to harden. 

One year for halloween I made about that many, but did it over several w3eeks time.

SweetCheeksCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCheeksCake Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 4

AI would try and keep them as simple as possible and make sure you have enough time set for them. I did an order of 400 for work once and another for 200. It was easiest to do them in batches, I did 50. Keeping them on cookie sheets made it easier and then they don't thaw out as fast. You can also roll them ahead without sticking them if you don't have as much room in your freezer. Then you can stick them as you use them. Good luck :)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 4

I had a wedding that ordered 750 once.  It wasn't as bad as it sounds.  And once dipped, they do keep for quite a while.  For 400, I'd start dipping 4-5 days ahead.  They will be fine.  Do 100 per day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%