Can I Refrigerate Gingerbread Man Dough Overnight? Also, Quick Setting Frosting?

Baking By Spring24 Updated 5 Dec 2012 , 8:24pm by louanne

Spring24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spring24 Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 4

AHi there! I was just asked to make 60 gingerbread men for a friend's "Meet Santa" party. I cake and cupcake person, not really a cookie person, so this is new territory for me. They need to be ready by Friday, so I only have two evenings to finish them. If I make the dough tonight, can I just refrigerate it to use tomorrow night? Also, does anyone have a recipe for a quick setting frosting? I'll need to stack them withing a couple hours. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 4

Sure you can refrigerate the dough.  You can even cut out all the cookies, place them on SilPats or Parchment and stack them up and freeze them.

Spring24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spring24 Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Leah_S!  I don't think I'm going to freeze them as I'd need them the next evening, but if I cut out the shapes, layered them in wax paper in an air tight container then stuck them in the fridge, would they not dry out some?  Thanks for your help...I'm cookie retarded.  :)

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 4

no they will be fine, i actually prefer the way cutout cookies bake up after beung cut out and refridgerated first.

For your icing, just use a royal icing ( sorry don't have a recipe on hand)  or you can use the wilton cookie icing, i don't particualry love the taste but my daughter loves to decorate her cookies with it ( she says she likes it better than homemade royal icing)   so I try to keep it on hand for her.  HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%