Help Asap!

Baking By IHeartCupcakes Updated 2 Dec 2012 , 11:36am by IHeartCupcakes

IHeartCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHeartCupcakes Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 4

AI'm ganaching a cake tonight that will be filled with peanut butter mouse. The recipe calls for cream cheese so I'm not sure if I need to refrigerate it or not. I know that if it has a certain amount of fat and sugar, it can be left at room temp but I'm not sure what the ratio is. The recipe is as follows:

2- 8 oz bricks cream cheese 18 oz of PB 2 tbs vanilla 2C powdered sugar 2C whipping cream

If his needs to be refrigerated, does anybody have a great recipe that doesn't need to be?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any help you can provide!

3 replies
DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 5:45am
post #2 of 4

Probably WAY too late to help, but I would recommend refrigerating....  The cream, pb, and cream cheese are fats, so the ratio to the sugar is too high.  Personally, I prefer to put anything with cream in the fridge.  Are you worried about the ganache?  Softens beautifully after being in the fridge for me, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.  That filling sounds so incredible, please don't change it!!!!!

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 4

I agree - it sounds delicious, but needs to be refrigerated.

IHeartCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHeartCupcakes Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 11:36am
post #4 of 4

AThank you for your replys. My biggest worry was that the cake will dry out, but I decided to refrigerate to be safe. The filling is amazing. I highly recommend it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%