Spring Form Question

Baking By jenlg Updated 20 Nov 2012 , 3:17am by jenlg

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 5

I have a quick question. I read through several posts on here about using the spring form pans. Is it really necessary to allow the pan to set over night before removing the cheesecake from the pan?  Is there a quicker method? I have three to make and it would be very helpful if I didn't have to let each sit that long. Thanks for any help!

4 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 5

Well I guess it would depend on your recipe and the way you cook your cheesecake, but I cool mine in the oven and then they rest in the fridge for at least 8 hours before unmolding. The refrigeration is an important part of setting up the custard that makes the cheesecake. If you unmold too soon, you may find yourself with a cracked or fallen cake.

I don't use a springform for mine, I make them in regular 3 inch cake pans. If the problem is not enough pans, this may be an option for you. 

(also) Jen :)

jenlg Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 5

Do you have trouble getting them out of the regular cake pans? Not sure how that would work with using that type of pan.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 5

I line my pans with cooking spray and a circle of waxed paper. When it's ready to unmold, I run a thin spatula around the edge to loosen the cake from the sides, and then i swirl the pan over a hot burner until the butter has melted a little on the bottom. I can tell it's melt enough when jiggle the pan and you can hear it squishing back and forth. Then I flip it onto a waxed round, put a second round on the bottom and flip it right side up. It's very easy.

jenlg Posted 20 Nov 2012 , 3:17am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for your help!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%