Gruffalo Cake - How To? ......and Newbie!

Decorating By Yum Yums Updated 5 Dec 2012 , 9:13pm by Yum Yums

Yum Yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum Yums Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 6

Hey fellow cake makers!!

I stumbled across this web site only about an hour ago when looking for some advice on how to make a gruffalo cake. I was soooo impressed by the talent of fellow cake makers that i signed up straight away!!! and i have to say Im loving it!!!! ......just have to get some of my own cakes uploaded and see what people say! : )

......but i have a question for all you guys.....i have been asked to make a Grufffalo for a friend of mine, i want to have the gruffalo sitting up right but not sure how to do it. Do i make the body out of cake and the head from foam or do i make it all cake? any suggestions or tutorials would be appreciated! : )

thanks in advance!

Elaine : )

5 replies
arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 4:27am
post #2 of 6

Um...Gruffalo? Is that a giraffe/buffalo hybrid? Is this actually an animal? I'd help you, but    I'm lost!

Yum Yums Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 6

haha.....its a childrens book, and one of the characters from the book is a monster like hybrid that's half grizzly bear and half buffalo!!! : )

GLAustin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLAustin Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 6

If you have a look at my album I made one for a friend.

GLAustin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLAustin Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 6

I made a gruffalo, if you look in my album under children's cakes. I made the body out of cake. The head was a combination of cake and rice krispie treats.

Yum Yums Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 6

.....awwww awesome, thankyou so much. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%