Satin Ice Black Fondant

Decorating By Queenstarr Updated 23 Oct 2012 , 4:17am by missamylynn06

Queenstarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queenstarr Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 7

I don't know if this question has been asked but does anyone else have frustration with Satin Ice's black fondant? I love the consistency it has, easy to work with etc....BUT when I use it to cut out shapes and it starts to dry, the shapes end up with the "elephant skin". I apply shorting to the piece afterwards - but I wouldn't think to add the shorting prior because the fondant is so moist to being with. Does any one else share my frustration or it is just my craziness?

6 replies
Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 7

I have found that I have to knead it a lot to get it more elastic and friendly. Then I keep any extra I'm not using in a plastic bag.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 7

It does dry out fast, so it's not just you. If you keep the pieces covered (I like to put them in a zipper top bag) until you need them they will not dry out and get all wrinkly.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 7

I love Duff's black fondant for decos. It taste good and it is very workable.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 1:07am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

I love Duff's black fondant for decos. It taste good and it is very workable.

Me, too!

Rae

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 3:45am
post #6 of 7

wiltons box of black fondant is surprisinly really good.. its nice and true black, tastes pretty good and handles lovely. might want to give it a try.

missamylynn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missamylynn06 Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 4:17am
post #7 of 7

I have the same problem with satin ice black fondant...im glad im not the only one. Im going to try another brand and hope for the best icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%