Cricut Cake Machine ???

Decorating By Holly123 Updated 23 Oct 2012 , 4:48pm by Lynne3

Holly123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holly123 Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 8

I have a Cricut Cake cutting machine that has not made me happy so far. I have used all the different types of gumpaste, fondant, etc and still can not get a clean cut. It pulls and tears and looks really really bad. I'm tired of this. Does anyone else have a machine that really works? Any tips to get the perfect cut they do on the infomercials?[/b]

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 8

Check out Linda McClure's youtube videos and website and follow her intstructions to the "T". icingimages frosting sheets work very well with electronic cutters.

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 8

Mine is a very nice paperweight! Just say'n!

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 22 Oct 2012 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 8

We have a Silhouette, but they work the same. YOu just have to find the method that works for you. I let the fondant dry for an hour before I cut the pieces. Unless you are using something like Fondariffic and then even with tylose you have to let it sit overnight.

It's a lot of trial and error until you find the magic combo of dry time and patience that works for you,your climate, and yoru medium.

I do love the Silhouette because you can make your own files and you don't need to buy the cartridges.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 1:19am
post #5 of 8

I read all of the posts about the Cricut on here, watched the DVD that came with it, and I watched the Linda McClure videos before I made my first cut. Although my first cuts weren't pretty, I got the hang of it pretty quickly. My advice is to set aside a block of time to research how to do it. Other people's experiences with the Cricut is worth it's weight in gold.

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 1:51am
post #6 of 8

I recently bought the Jennifer Dontz DVD that has the recipe for pearl clay on it and the clay works beautifully in my cricut. Up until now I haven't been able to get it to work - I was ready to throw it across the room! I also talked to Lauren Kitchens about using modeling chocolate and she said she uses it all the time in hers. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to very soon!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 3:32am
post #7 of 8

I have the Silhouette and use Linda McClures recipe for gumpaste for it. There's a huge learning curve so I agree with the other poster - set aside a day or two without distractions or you'll end up with a large paperweight.

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 8

What blade do you use in your cricut to cut Jennifer Dontz pearl clay???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%