Please Help!

Baking By Renakins13 Updated 12 Oct 2012 , 1:57pm by saraek

Renakins13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renakins13 Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 6

I need lots of advice I'm new to the whole cupcake thing. Yesterday I kinda volunteered myself to make all the cupcakes/cake pops for my best friends baby shower. Her shower is less than 2 weeks away! I know I'm in over my head. I love to bake and trying new different recipes, and Trying to decorate emphasize on trying to decorate because I see it In a picture and think oh I definently can do that, but when I decorate let's just say it doesn't look quit as good as I thought lol!!!!! Now of course that's due to my inexperience.

My question now what flavors do I make, I don't like buttercream and maybe because I haven't found the one I like or I just hate it because I don't want it to taste like the store brand or like the ones they have on cake from Walmart. I prefer the whip cream frosting or cream cheese. Please help with a good recipe for frosting and cupcakes! I'm thinking of making 150 cupcakes how far in advance can I make them? How do I store them? I read about cupcake boxes where do I get theses? How do i transport? I really want to impress her family and friends!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP THIS NEWBIE!!!!!

5 replies
taartenmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taartenmaker Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 6

I would reccomend you at first not to make everything for free, mabe you will do this for free but its a tip for the next time.

a great buttercream recepi I use a lot is:
-1 cup of butter
-3,5 cups of powdered sugar(sifted)
-1/3 cup melted white chocolat
first beat the butter creamy, than add the powdered sugar and beat it at high speed until completely incorperated. Than poor in the chocolat and mix on medium speed until fluffy.

SUCCES!!!

Renakins13 Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 6

Thanx so much! Yea this is a try out type thing lol we'll see how it goes! Def want to charge in the future as a i get better at it!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 6

Here are cake & icing recipes for youicon_smile.gif Both are sooooooo good you/no one will not think it Wal-Mart/grocery store qualityicon_smile.gif
http://cakecentral.com/recipe/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe
http://cakecentral.com/recipe/2-icing

150?! That sure is a BIG undertaking for a beginner. Can't help on timing for baking cuppies but to transport you can put them into a cake box. Put a cakeboard in the box to make it sturdy 1st. If I remember right you can get 24 in a 1/2 sheet box.

Renakins13 Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 4:18am
post #5 of 6

Ok do I ice before I transport or after?

saraek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraek Posted 12 Oct 2012 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 6

There are some buttercream recipes that are quite delicious icon_smile.gif I am not a fan of overly sweet buttercreams myself.... there are some delicious cream cheese frostings out there. Just do a search on the recipes section of this website icon_smile.gif

for a baby shower, I would definitely stick to maybe 2 flavors since you are making 150. I made about 150 cupcakes for my sister's wedding a couple years ago, and that was part of her wedding gift since I did it for free icon_smile.gif I made the cupcakes the day before the wedding. The next morning, I made the frosting and frosted them, then decorated them.

You can find boxes online for cheap if you buy wholesale, or you can just go to a craft store like Joann's or Michael's (they usually have coupons to cut down the cost of the boxes). Some people suggest buying a plastic storage bin (the long, thin kind you can slide under your bed) and lining it with cardboard (to make it even) and rubber liner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%