Help!!!! Idea For Daughter's Cake.....

Decorating By NanaCin Updated 26 Sep 2012 , 7:11pm by theresaf

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hey Everyone, I really need some help here. I am going to make a Birthday Cake for my Daughter and I want to do the Rose Cake I have been seeing. My problem is she wants chocolate on chocolate.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how I could possibly make the roses two toned chocolate, or any other color mixed with the chocolate frosting.

Ideas and suggestions appreciated.

Cindy

3 replies
bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 4

You could use chocolate brown and ivory as your colors. I did a flower themed cake for my neighbor using those colors and she loved it

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 4

Use two colors of frosting side by side in your piping bag. Here's a tutorial. Kinda long but he's cute and he does the swirl rose at the end!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 26 Sep 2012 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with carmijok. Use dark chocolate and milk chocolate side by side in the piping bag, or you can use two piping bags, one with dark chocolate and one with milk chocolate and alternate the roses or alternate by row. That sounds yummy to me!

One year I made my own birthday cake (and for my sister) but I made modeling chocolate and tootsie roll chocolate roses. Same dark choc/light choc/white color scheme!
  http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1986927/a-birthday-cake-for-me-and-my-sister

Good luck
Theresa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%