Securing Modeling Chocolate Characters

Decorating By jewordsoflife Updated 25 Sep 2012 , 9:54pm by jewordsoflife

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 5

I need some help please icon_smile.gif I have made my first modeling chocolate characters and I don't know how to secure them to the top of the cake. They have some very delicate features-whiskers and antennas- and I can't afford for them to fall over! I'll try to add a picture of them, but I'm somewhat challenged with that lol icon_rolleyes.gif
SO, any help would be very appreciated! Oh, they will be sitting on top of modeling chocolate which will be setting on top of a crusting bc finish.
TIA!
LL

4 replies
cakemama2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama2010 Posted 20 Sep 2012 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 5

I would melt some modelling chocolate and put a dab on the bottoms and attach them that way.

Very cute!

WickedGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedGoodies Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 2:16am
post #3 of 5

Those are really cute figurines! I like to use lollypop sticks to attach modeling chocolate figurines to cakes.

jewordsoflife Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemama2010

I would melt some modelling chocolate and put a dab on the bottoms and attach them that way.

Very cute!

Thanks cakemama! I tried melting the modeling chocolate, but it got kind of greasy so I just melted a candy melt and that worked perfectly thumbs_up.gif I appreciate you taking the time to help!
Blessings

jewordsoflife Posted 25 Sep 2012 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedGoodies

Those are really cute figurines! I like to use lollypop sticks to attach modeling chocolate figurines to cakes.

Thank you! I didn't think the sticks would work as they were pretty small figures and they were really fragile! Mushu the dragon was having issues! His body was skinny and curved and I had a hard time getting him to balance. I did have to use a piece of a toothpick to help secure his head though icon_smile.gif I will remember that for future reference though (I hope lol).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%