Bling

Decorating By not_the_cake_boss Updated 19 Sep 2012 , 10:38pm by DeniseNH

not_the_cake_boss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
not_the_cake_boss Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 8

I noticed a lot of cakes with a lot of BLING. I love it!! Is it edible and does anyone know where I can order some?

Thanks

7 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 2:40am
post #2 of 8

It is not edible. There was lots of it at Ices cake convention. I know Geraldines Creativecutters.com has it. I assume Globalsugarart.com has it. and Most cake decorating supply stores. hth Some people have gotten it at fabric shops. NYcake co has it also.

http://www.nycake.com/rhinestonecakebling1yard-1-1.aspx

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 2:58am
post #3 of 8

Well, depends on what type of "bling" you're talking about.

Icer's link is to the rows of rhinestone trim that's currently popular. It's not edible and it can range from fairly inexpensive (it's plastic but very shiny) to very expensive (real Swarovski crystal banding).

Is that what you were referencing, or is there something else you've seen?

Isomalt/sugar jewels are edible. Fondant/gum paste molded brooches are edible as long as they're painted/decorated with FDA approved luster dusts (crystal colors from sugarpaste.com) and edible sparkles (gum arabic).

Rae

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 8

Sugar Delites ( Jennifer Dontz) carries it. They have it in different colors and it is reasonable. It is a yard strip 4 inches wide. Plastic. You just cut off what you want.

not_the_cake_boss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
not_the_cake_boss Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks Guys icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 8

www. diamond party confetti.com has really lovely stuff at very reasonable prices.

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 7:16pm
post #7 of 8

Caljava.com sells bling ribbon

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 8

I get mine at save-on-crafts.com and it's real rhinestones. Shines like the devil and you can get it in rhinestone ribbons in rows of three or five at a great price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%