Modeling Choclate

Decorating By Blair52 Updated 19 Sep 2012 , 5:39pm by mom2twogrlz

Blair52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blair52 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 12

Hey guys. so i made my first thign of modeling choclate last night and i left it in the fridge its stilll there becasue the recipie i got said it wld be ok. so is it gonna be ok or an i going to have to fix it? and if i need to fix it how? does anyone have a good easy recipe or what shld i do aftedr i make it to let it set do i just leave it at room temp?

11 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 12

I am confused. What is the problem with it? Is it set up? Too soft? Too hard? With more info we might be able to help.

Blair52 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 12

it is really hard!

mom2twogrlz Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 12

Ok. I am not sure which recipe you used, but mine is always hard when it comes out of the fridge too. Just let it come up to room temp, or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. And i mean just a few seconds, that stuff melts FAST! The warmth of your hands with warm it up too. Once it gets a little warmer it should be fine. Kneed it a few times too and you should be ready to go. I have found it is very forgiving, even if I melt it a tad too much I can add a little more of the colder stuff and kneed it together to get a good consistancy. If it gets too soft, just put it back in the fridge for a minute. Good luck. I hope that helps.

Blair52 Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 12

ok thanks so much those tips are great. ill post pics and let u see how it turns out!

WickedGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedGoodies Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 12

You're not really supposed to put modeling chocolate in the refrigerator. You CAN (if you are in a real hurry for it to set up) but it's better off staying sealed in a container at a cool room temperature out of sunlight. The fridge is just too cold for MC and you will not be able to work it until it's warmer.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Sep 2012 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 12

You don't need to refrigerate it at all. It will soften up if you knead it, but it's going to be hard to get it started if it's cold from the fridge!

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 1:37am
post #8 of 12

You don't ever need to refrigerate modeling chocolate. Once it cools off, treat it just like fondant.

luckyblueeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckyblueeye Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 3:04am
post #9 of 12

Thank you WickedGoodies

sharonz911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharonz911 Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 6:57am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twogrlz

Ok. I am not sure which recipe you used, but mine is always hard when it comes out of the fridge too. Just let it come up to room temp, or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. And i mean just a few seconds, that stuff melts FAST! The warmth of your hands with warm it up too. Once it gets a little warmer it should be fine. Kneed it a few times too and you should be ready to go. I have found it is very forgiving, even if I melt it a tad too much I can add a little more of the colder stuff and kneed it together to get a good consistancy. If it gets too soft, just put it back in the fridge for a minute. Good luck. I hope that helps.

it's helpful! I just have the same problem! thanks!!

Blair52 Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 4:36pm
post #11 of 12

thanks guys didnt know i didnt have to put it in fridges thats what the recipe i found online said..uggh guess ill start all over again. thanks for your recipe!

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Sep 2012 , 5:39pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair52

thanks guys didnt know i didnt have to put it in fridges thats what the recipe i found online said..uggh guess ill start all over again. thanks for your recipe!

Don't start over again, you can still use yours. Just let it come up to room temp, or give it a little help. That is all. It will still be good, just a little hard at first. No worries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%