I Have Cake Block....

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 25 Jan 2007 , 12:16pm by blessBeckysbaking

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 18

An owner of a shoe store named Tootsies called a few hours ago and is wanting something to have at a trunk show on FEB 2 and 3rd. She is looking for fingertype desserts that don't need to be refridgerated. I have massive CAKE BLOCK on this one and can't think of much cool ideas. I can only come up with cake balls (but I prefer these to be cold) cupcakes and pecan squares. I have 2 days to come up with different ideas and email her with the item and price list.

The store is decorated in cocoa brown with pink spots. It's a high end shoe store (cheapest pair of shoes is $100 in there) The owner is really sweet and nice so I want to do something special to make a good impression for hopefully future business and refrences.

I do have these tiny clear plastic high heel shoe decorations that are about an 1 1/2 in length. I would like to try to incorporate these somehow if possible. YEP, I have a massive creative block right now!

17 replies
SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 18

Could you do cookies? Ice in chocolate and then maybe put a T in the center for tootsies, all fancy, then pink polka-dots.. what about petit fors... I am sure I butchered that.. never done them, do they need to be decorated? If not, do them chocolate iced with a Pink T on each one...

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 18

You could do mini cupcakes (either filled or unfilled) with your little shoe decorations on top. Petits fours with poured icing...
Almond roca squares, millionaires shortbread squares...
But, I DO love cake balls too icon_biggrin.gif

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 18

Decorated cookies sound great, there are so many possibilities as far as design w/ those. Their logo, colors, even a shoe-shaped cookie would be so cute! The mini cupcakes would be adorable w/ the little shoes on them, you could even do RI shoes or Chocolate ones to stick into the icing on top if you want it to be all edible. I prefer my cakeballs chilled, also, but some don't. Those might look nice dipped in chocolate w/ pink drizzled on top. Sorry I couldn't come up w/ anything new, but I hope this helps some!

sweetlybaked Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 18

Here is something like I was talking about w/ the RI or chocolate:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=lastup&cat=0&pos=-126013

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 18

you could also do petit fours (sp?) as well, these are very classy, bite size and ... well....pretty. Like dark chocolate ganache covered bite size squares of cake with pretty pearlized polka dots on them with the occasional flower?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 18

I am thinking about the shoe decorations --

Do you know what I am talking about when I mention those yellow rulers they used to use years ago, to measure feet? The ones with the block at the back, and a block that slides, in the front? Or how about the metal ones they use now? You could make a cookie out of the pattern for either, use some chocolate chips or other candy for the block and slide part, and put the shoes on top of the cookies.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

simplysweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetcakes Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 10:06pm
post #8 of 18

How about brownies? They're already brown and you could add something pink to them liked mentioned above.

mkolmar Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 18

AWESOME IDEAS!!!! I knew CC would be a great place to ask for help!

sweetlybaked Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 18

Mini brownies, those ARE yummy. Truffles are great, elegant also. Although, I've never made them, so I don't know how much work would be involved...

mkolmar Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 2:14am
post #11 of 18

I've made toasted almond truffles dipped in choc. a lot so I'm use to those, they just need refridgeration. They said they have a very small fridge and I know truffles would fit easily in it though so that might be an option after all.

I have the Wilton heart pans --- do you think these would be to big to make brownies in or am I better off making bite size in the mini-muffin pans?

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 2:23am
post #12 of 18

I think mini cupcakes (choc)iced choc with pink polka dots on top would be cute. Good idea to incorperate her colors. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 11:26am
post #13 of 18

I think bite size is your best option for a shop like that. The hearts sound wonderful, maybe just a bit too big. I can't wait to find out what you decide and see the fantastic results!

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 12:02pm
post #14 of 18

If you do mini brownies in the mini cupcake pan then drizzle them with pink and brown candy melts. set them on trays that has your mini shoes on there as the center peice of each tray it will have class and simple to do. btw Sandra Lee has a coffee mocha almond brownie made from devils food cake mix that is so good I sub walnuts for the almonds (for cost) it was easy, cheap and dressed up nicely I also made them with international house flavored coffees so good!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 12:12pm
post #15 of 18

I really like the idea of cookies in the shape of feet. They can be glazed and lightly decorated. They'll taste good and represent the shoe business. If the company logo is appropiate, that could be stenciled onto the glaze.
Lots of good ideas from everyone, to choose from.

cherish99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherish99 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 5:34pm
post #16 of 18

What about molded chocolates? You could use white chocolate and tin it pink. There are probably shoe molds you could get. While cakes and cookies and brownies are great, a small taste of chocolate is always good.l You could also flavor the chocolates with cherry or raspberry.

mkolmar Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:38am
post #17 of 18

I'm getting ready to email her tomorrow with different options and prices. Thanks everone for all of your helpful insight on this one! My brain just isn't functioning well anymore from lack of sleep! Thanks again, Melissa

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 12:16pm
post #18 of 18

Good luck! and blessed baking

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%