Favorite Christmas Cupcake

Baking By chriscrites Updated 19 Oct 2013 , 5:49pm by cole10

chriscrites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chriscrites Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 26

I know I am early but planning the holidays already =) Want to make cupcakes for gifts this year and was wondering if you would be so kind as to share what cupcake is 'Christmas' to you. Thanks!

25 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 1:11am
post #2 of 26

I don't usually do cupcakes for Christmas but I want to make these this year: http://www.cbc.ca/holiday/images/xmas_tree_Cupcakes.jpg

I'd love an excuse to make a cupcake wreath, too. http://www.freewebs.com/davebarb_99/apps/photos/photo?photoid=6236622

chriscrites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chriscrites Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 2:57am
post #3 of 26

Those are so cute =) Thanks for sharing!

BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 8 Sep 2012 , 3:04am
post #4 of 26

I want to give cupcakes for Christmas, too! I am thinking of red velvet with cream cheese icing and some festive and easy decoration. I just think the red is pretty for the holiday and here in the South, everyone seems to like it!

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 26

I just love this cupcake:

http://www.oprah.com/food/Vanilla-Peppermint-Cupcakes

They are so tasty with a light peppermint flavor, and I love the simple look of crushed up peppermint candy canes on top. I made these last Christmas and they were a hit.

Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 9 Sep 2012 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 26

hmm to me I think it is chocolate mint icon_smile.gif yum!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 10 Sep 2012 , 1:08am
post #7 of 26

I made an egg nog cake for Christmas and it was yummy. Just sub the egg nog for the liquid and cut back a bit on the sugar. Add a little cinnamon and smidge of nutmeg to the frosting and you're all set.

beantownsara88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beantownsara88 Posted 11 Sep 2012 , 12:47am
post #8 of 26

I love Christmas! I have been thinking about this already too... I think I am going to do a Creme de Menthe cupcake (filled with ganache). I also want to do a Gingerbread Latte cupcake. Haven't quite figured out what the components will be yet though. I just love gingerbread lattes!

sophymalik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 3:45am
post #10 of 26

Hmm... I'm not sure if it would work for a cupcake, specifically, but my favorite cake recipe for Christmas is the White Spice Pound Cake found in the Cake Bible. Love it. Especially with a light, egg-nog flavored buttercream.

chocolatefudgecakefan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatefudgecakefan Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 11:52am
post #11 of 26

For me its the robin cupcake here:
http://www.lindyscakes.co.uk/shop/Birds-Silhouette-Sugarcraft-Cutter-Lindy-s-set-of-2.html

Typical English Christmas card design. Looks too good to eat.
LL

Maria46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria46 Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 7:17pm
post #12 of 26

Of all the Christmas cupcakes I've ever done, my most popular request is the Winter White Cupcake I did. Took a special 1 day Wilton Class and they turned out so good. You can search for Maria46 and fine them in my gallery or you can search for Winter White Cupcakes.

EricCohen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EricCohen Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 11:48am
post #13 of 26

That's really great idea to planning the favourite Christmas cupcake. Here are my favourite Christmas cake that i really like 

Thank you,

Cupcakes

EricCohen Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 11:48am
post #14 of 26

That's really great idea to planning the favourite Christmas cupcake. Here are my favourite Christmas cake that i really like 

Thank you,

Cupcakes

EricCohen Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 11:49am
post #15 of 26

Thank you,

Cupcakes

EricCohen Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 11:49am
post #16 of 26

Thank you,

Cupcakes

EricCohen Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 11:50am
post #17 of 26

Thank you,

wetakethecake.com

EricCohen Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 11:50am
post #18 of 26

Thank you,

wetakethecake

EricCohen Posted 30 Oct 2012 , 11:51am
post #19 of 26

Thank you,

wetakethecake

Vera-CupcakesGarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vera-CupcakesGarden Posted 3 Nov 2012 , 10:06pm
post #20 of 26

Here are my favorite Christmas cupcakes! Real pieces of art! Enjoy!

Mitzzi23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mitzzi23 Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 1:08am
post #21 of 26

I'm planning on making gingerbread with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and a little gingerbread  man cutout, egg nog with egg nog buttercream, peppermint cake with white chocolate buttercream with crushed candy canes on top, and sugar cookie cupcakes with vanilla buttercream with sanding sugar or a small cutout cookie topper.

sugardaddy129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardaddy129 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 9:19am
post #22 of 26

I think you got plenty of ideas on what cupcakes you can make; so would just give you some tips on cupcake boxes. As you just mentioned that you need to gift them, have you thought about the boxes you'll use to pack them up. I think you should buy or make theme-based cupcake boxes, which is Christmas here, of course.

For instance, you may buy a simple yellow colored cardboard box and decorate it using golden sparkle and tie it with a single beautiful ribbon. Be sure to make the knot properly else it will look bad. You can also paste some graphics or logos onto the box like you may write “Happy Christmas” on the box with sparkle or color pens and add a picture of Santa or goodies. It will look amazing.

And if you are going to throw a party, you can also place your delicious cupcakes on stands for your guests to enjoy.

Alejandrapatch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alejandrapatch Posted 25 Nov 2012 , 7:37pm
post #23 of 26

Hello I am a new member here ant I love red velvet cupcakes with creme cheese frosting.But last year I had maked a turrón(it is from Spain in Christmas) cupcakes and were delicious.Bye!

sophymalik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophymalik Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 8:22pm
post #24 of 26

also a nice flavour would be.....

chocolate with a candy cane buttercream

traditional fruit cake with a fruit mince  filling

redvelvet with a eggnog buttercream

:) hope this helped!

rearly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rearly Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 4:55pm
post #25 of 26

Here are some that I have made;

cole10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cole10 Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 5:49pm
post #26 of 26

A[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Original message sent by beantownsara88

I love Christmas! I have been thinking about this already too... I think I am going to do a Creme de Menthe cupcake (filled with ganache). I also want to do a Gingerbread Latte cupcake. Haven't quite figured out what the components will be yet though. I just love gingerbread lattes!

Do you have th recipe for Creme de Menthe cupcakes you wouldn't mind sharing? They sound soo good, ok so I'm a but of a peppermint(ish) addict!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%